– SoundCommerce, a platform that unifies retailers’ data from across multiple systems, has raised $15m in a series A round of funding led by Emergence Capital.
– SoundCommerce is pitched as an end-to-end data platform that helps retailers improve their marketing and operations by harnessing all their data from customers, sales and purchase orders, shipments, and inventory.
– It does this by plugging into third-party platforms, including Google Cloud, Snowflake, AWS, Azure, Tableau, Looker, Microsoft Power BI, and more through prebuilt integrations.
– Ultimately, SoundCommerce wants to give retailers of all sizes the kind of data intelligence available to the major ecommerce players — such as Amazon.
– SoundCommerce had previously raised around $6.5m.
Unicorn Nest news
– Standard Cognition is a San Francisco, CA-based provider of an autonomous checkout solution that can be installed in retailers’ existing stores.
– Company raised $150m in Series C funding.
– The round was led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2 with participation from existing investors CRV, EQT Ventures, and TI Platform Management; and new investors SK Networks and others.
– The new investment will be used to expand operations and business reach.
Unicorn Nest news
– Foko Retail is a Gatineu, Quebec, Canada-based leader in the retail communication and task management software space.
– The company raised $3m in funding.
– The round was led by BDC Capital, as well as Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED), local economic development agency ID Gatineau, and current shareholders.
– The new capital will be used to expand the company’s penetration in international retail markets and further develop its current suite of products by enabling research and development.