Learn Capital is the famous VC, which was founded in 2008. The main department of described VC is located in the San Mateo. The company was established in North America in United States.
The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. When the investment is from Learn Capital the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The real fund results show that this VC is 11 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2018. Comparing to the other companies, this Learn Capital performs on 20 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The high activity for fund was in 2016. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the Learn Capital, startups are often financed by NewSchools Venture Fund, 500 Startups, Y Combinator. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Rethink Education, Omidyar Network, Kapor Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Rethink Education, GSV AcceleraTE, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Human Resources, EdTech. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Vipkid, Coursera, Udemy Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund.
We also calculated 6 valuable employees in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|$1M||28 Jul 2021||Bangladesh, Dhaka|
|$24M||21 Jul 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|$3M||15 Jul 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$20M||07 Jul 2021||India, Bengaluru|
|$29M||21 Jun 2021||United States, New York|
|$5M||25 May 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$5M||24 May 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$16M||04 May 2021||India, Bengaluru|
|$10M||22 Apr 2021||United States, Portland|
– Class Technologies, an edtech platform, has raised a $105M Series B round.
– Led by the Softbank Vision Fund, the round also includes GSV Ventures, Emergence Capital, Maven Partners, Owl Ventures, Insight Partners, SWaN & Legend Venture Partners, Rise of the Rest Fund, Learn Capital, Reach Capital, Slow Ventures, Sound Ventures, Chimera Investment, Daher Capital, Guy Oseary, Bill Tai and Tom Brady.
– The company was founded by education software pioneer Michael Chasen.
– Class Technologies Inc. from Washington, DC develops a platform enhancing virtual and hybrid classrooms by adding teaching and learning tools to Zoom.
– Series B $105m round was led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund 2 and participated by GSV Ventures, Emergence Capital, Maven Partners, Owl Ventures, Insight Partners, SWaN & Legend Venture Partners, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Fund, Learn Capital, Reach Capital, Slow Ventures, Sound Ventures, Chimera Investment, Daher Capital, Guy Oseary, Bill Tai, and Super Bowl champion and entrepreneur Tom Brady.
– The new investment will be used to accelerate growth and expand globally into new markets.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.