Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, Boston
Massachusetts Clean Energy Center is the renowned Corporate Investor, which was created in 2008. The main office of this Corporate Investor is situated in Boston. This investor is located in North America, United States.
The fund usually invests in rounds together with 2-3 others. Aside from Massachusetts Clean Energy Center, start-ups are often funded by Vocap Ventures, US Department of Energy, MassChallenge. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are Vocap Ventures, Tamarisc Ventures, Constellation Energy. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually joined by SOSV, LaunchPad Venture Group, Vocap Ventures.
Moreover, a start-up needs to be 4-5 years old to get investment from this fund. The fund has no specific requirements for the number of founders in a start-up. If the applying start-up has 3 or 4 founders, it is very unlikely that funding will be awarded. SiEnergy Systems, DropWise Technologies, Energetic Insurance, Inc. are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Big Data, Solar. In addition, there are 8 more industries where it has achieved success. The country of its foundation and the country of the most frequent investments for the fund coincides - United States.
In terms of the fund's performance, this Corporate Investor has 5 percentage points more exits when compared to other organizations. The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. In 2015, the fund's activity was at its peak. In addition, the fund was active in 2019. The highest number of exits from this fund were in 2019. In comparison with other funds, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center makes 24 percentage points less than the average number of lead investments. The fund usually participates in 2-6 investment rounds per year.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: masscec.com; User name format in descending order of probability: first_initial last, first '.' last
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
87.5% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
10.0% of cases
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.