In 2004 was created Union Square Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the New York. The venture was found in North America in United States.
The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Twitter, Coinbase, Zynga. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are FinTech, Financial Services.
The fund was created by Brad Burnham, Fred Wilson. Besides them, we counted 8 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Union Square Ventures, startups are often financed by Version One Ventures, First Round Capital, Avalon Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Time Warner Investments, GV, Version One Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Time Warner Investments, Kleiner Perkins, Flybridge Capital Partners.
The real fund results show that this VC is 20 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. Comparing to the other companies, this Union Square Ventures performs on 16 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The high activity for fund was in 2013. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The fund is constantly included in 13-24 investment rounds annually. The average startup value when the investment from Union Square Ventures is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars.
Funds with similar focus
|$4M||02 Sep 2021||India, Bengaluru|
|$50M||01 Sep 2021||United States, New York|
|$8M||25 Aug 2021||United States, Los Angeles|
|$5M||30 Jul 2021||Switzerland, Geneve|
|$13M||27 Jul 2021||United States, Berkeley|
|$21M||21 Jul 2021||United States, Des Moines|
|$26M||01 Jul 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$12M||29 Jun 2021||United States, New York|
|$18M||04 May 2021||United States, New York|
– Code Climate announced $50M in Series C funding.
– The round was led by PSG and joined by previous investors Union Square Ventures, Foundry Group, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, and NextView Ventures.
– Code Climate’s Engineering Intelligence products are trusted by over 1,000 companies from start-ups to enterprises.
– Code Climate experienced continued strong growth, more than doubled its headcount, and brought on an experienced executive leadership team.
– Funding will help Code Climate advance its product vision, extend its sales reach, and scale customer success – furthering its mission of helping engineering align activities with strategic priorities, deliver high quality software, and improve team performance.
– Mindset, a platform featuring personal story collections from recording artists, announced that it raised $8.7 million in seed funding.
– The round was led by Union Square Ventures with strategic participants like record executive Scooter Braun (of TQ Ventures), who has more recently made headlines over the Taylor Swift masters controversy.
– Other backers include Twitch co-founder Kevin Lin, Opendoor co-founder Eric Wu, and more.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.