In 2004 was created Union Square Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the New York. The venture was found in North America in United States.
The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Twitter, Coinbase, Zynga. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are FinTech, Financial Services.
The fund was created by Brad Burnham, Fred Wilson. Besides them, we counted 8 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Union Square Ventures, startups are often financed by Version One Ventures, First Round Capital, Avalon Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Time Warner Investments, GV, Version One Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Time Warner Investments, Kleiner Perkins, Flybridge Capital Partners.
The real fund results show that this VC is 20 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. Comparing to the other companies, this Union Square Ventures performs on 16 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The high activity for fund was in 2013. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The fund is constantly included in 13-24 investment rounds annually. The average startup value when the investment from Union Square Ventures is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars.
|1000K||24 Apr 2015||United States, Fairfax|
|140M||04 Jan 2018||United States, New York|
|5M||06 Nov 2019||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|3M||13 Dec 2016||United States, Washington|
|29 Oct 2019||United States, New York|
|4M||02 Dec 2014||United States, Mountain View|
Avoidance of Mass Extinctions Engine
|01 Jan 2008||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|10M||08 Jan 2011||Germany, Berlin|
|7M||07 May 2013||Panama, San Francisco|
|30M||01 Jul 2015||United States, New York|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.