Purpose of the Policy: This Policy describes how Unicorn Nest (“us,” “we”) collects, uses, discloses and otherwise processes the personal data you provide by using the Unicorn Nest website and its services and functionality (collectively referred to as the “Service”).
Age Restriction: We require users of the Service to be at least 18 years of age. We do not intend for anyone under the age of 18 to use any of the features or services we offer from the Service and we do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 18– so, please, if you are under 18 do not use the Service. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of people’s privacy online. If we find out or suspect you are less than 18 years old – we retain the right to limit, pause or cancel your use of the Service in the manner we may deem feet. If you suspect that a user is under the age of 18, please inform us through the email [email protected].
1. PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
As used in this Policy, “personal data” is as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and any successor legislation, which includes any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we hold about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your name, email address and telephone number. We need certain personal data in order to provide you with access to our Service. To process your personal data as outlined below, we rely on the following legal bases:
Contractual Performance: The primary reason we process your personal data is to perform the contract that you have with us by using the Unicorn Nest website as registered user. For example, as you use our Service, we use your personal data to provide your account.
Legitimate Interests: We may also use your personal data where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we review users’ actions while using our Service to improve our Service and we process personal data for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
Consent: We may also ask for your consent to use your personal data for specific reasons. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us as set out at the end of this Policy.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
In using the Service, you are required to login with your LinkedIn profile and share your personal data to verify that you are the specific person you say you are. This personal data can include but is not limited to your LinkedIn profile, email. Your Service profile consists of your LinkedIn first and last name.
We may collect and store information about you in connection with your use of the Service, including any information you transmit to or through the Service. We use and process that information to provide the Service’s functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Service’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Service, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations. Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
Please also note:
- Information collected automatically: When you use the Service we may collect some personal data about you automatically. This personal data includes but is not limited to: attribution campaign and source, authentication state, device OS and version, device model, latitude and longitude, signup date, payment date, and first subscription date, browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, location, and requested and referring URLs. This personal data allows us to diagnose bugs – for example knowing you are on an old version of Unicorn Nest – as well as detect fraud. This personal data also allows us to send push notifications if you choose to opt into those communications.
- Account Information: By signing up through LinkedInyou automatically create a Unicorn Nest account, and we may store and use the information you provide during that process, such as your email, LinkedIn ID, first and last name and other information you may provide with your account. You are entitled to sign up only using a LinkedIn account of your own only and you are strictly forbidden to use any personal data of any other persons while creating your account. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account using your LinkedIn credentials, please contact us as set out at the end of this Policy.
- Public Content: No public content, which is not belonging to us, is intended for posting on the Service.
- Activity: When you use the Service, we may collect personal data as you take actions within the Service, such as members whom you liked or disliked, whom you have interacted with and how you use the Service. This may include but is not limited to passing, liking, commenting, messaging, blocks and other reports, your search activity, the screens you view, the date and time of your visit. Collecting this information allows us to provide the Service and helps us improve our Service by refining our recommendation algorithm, diagnosing bugs or issues, developing new features, and monitoring for behavior that violates our Terms of Service. This information is also used for financial reporting.
|Processes||Intended to make the Service work in the way you expect. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.|
|Preferences||Intended to remember information about how you prefer the Service to behave and look. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us your preferred language.|
|Notifications||Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that stops us from showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.|
|Analytics||Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.|
You can set some Cookie preferences through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in your device or browser preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of certain advertisements to you.
4. AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING AND PROFILING
To perform the contract that you have with us, we use automated decision-making and/or profiling in regard to your personal data, including Sensitive Personal Data, to match you with relevant investors or employees / partners / owners / representatives of investment funds and organizations from our database. We use automated decision-making and profiling to recommend investors matching to your request based on your profile and information about your project which you gave us while completing your Service request. We also use automated decision-making and profiling to moderate bad actors by flagging user profiles that may behave illicitly on our website or may use (or we suspect you use) the Service maliciously or in bad faith. We do not otherwise use your personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making. However, we may do so in order to fulfill obligations imposed by law, in which case we will inform you of any such processing and provide you with an opportunity to object.
5. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal data with service providers and partners who help us operate the Service, in the event of a business transaction and for law enforcement purposes. Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Service Providers: we may share your personal data with third parties to provide you with the Service (such as analytics services or customer relationship management services). We vet all service providers before we provide them with your personal data and ensure we have appropriate contractual safeguards in place.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties. We may also disclose anonymized information about your use on Service, for example, if you engage in a transaction in connection with Service, we may publicly disclose information about the transaction without providing identifying information about you or otherwise disclosing your participation in the transaction.
- Investigations and Legal Disclosures: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process or law enforcement requests served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public. If you report or otherwise complain to us about content through the Service, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
- Third-Party Accounts: If you sign up for, or log into, Service using a third-party service like LinkedIn, we may receive information about you from such third-party service. If you post content to a third party service through the Service, that third party service will also receive that content, which will be visible to anyone that has access to it through that third-party service.
We drive your attention to the fact that sharing your information in no case selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, transferring or other communicating orally, in writing, by email or other means to any third party for monetary or other type of valuable consideration.
6. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND YOUR RIGHTS
Below, we have outlined some of the tools you have to control your personal data.
- Tools in the Service: The Service provides certain tools that allow you to access, rectify, delete or use of information that you provided through the Service and that’s associated with you.
You should also be aware of your privacy rights.
- Opt-out and delete. You may contact us anytime as set out at the end of this Policy to opt-out of any communication or notification we may send to you from time to time and also with a request to delete your personal data from the Service, provided however that, by doing so, you may be unable to use some feature of the Service or the Service itself while you are opted-out.
- Reviewing your information: Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal data we maintain about you. To request access to your personal data, please contact us as set out at the end of this Policy.
- Updating your information: If you think the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are not entitled to use it and would like to request that we rectify, delete or object to our processing of this personal data, please contact us as set out at the end of this Policy. You retain the whole responsibility for the accurateness and actuality of the information we hold about you.
- Moving your information. Your data is portable – i.e. you have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish. To request this, please contact us as set out at the end of this Policy.
- Accountability: Some countries, including those in the European Union, provide you with a right to file a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have an issue with how we process your personal data.
For your protection, we may ask you to prove your identity before we answer any requests related to the above items. Note that we may request additional information from you to verify your identity and even reject a request for certain reasons, including if it is unlawful or if fulfilling the request will infringe a trade secret or other intellectual property or the privacy of another user.
7. THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT PROCESSOR
We use a third party payment processor to process payments made to us. In connection with the processing of such payments, we do not retain any personally identifiable information or any financial information such as, inter alia, credit card numbers. Rather, all such information is provided by you directly to our third party processor, Liqpay. You can read more about their policies at: https://www.liqpay.ua/en .
8. DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT DELETION
9. CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
The sharing of personal data as explained in this Policy may involve the transfer of personal data across border, for instance to of from the European Economic Area and other jurisdictions, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. As an example, where the Service allows users to be located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), their personal data is from time to time transferred to countries outside of the EEA as provided herein. We use standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission or another suitable safeguard to permit data transfers from the EEA to other countries. Standard contractual clauses are commitments between companies transferring personal data, binding them to protect the privacy and security of your data.
Unicorn Nest has put stringent security procedures in place to protect information collected about ourusers. We constantly monitor our systems, which are protected using industry-standard security measures. We use various safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive or keep it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via a mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we cannot guarantee that information in our systems is absolutely secure, we take security very seriously and follow industry best practices and so will strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the Service without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security or provisions of this Policy. If you believe that your account or personal data is no longer secure, please notify us immediately at the contact information set out below.
11. SERVICE AREA BEYOND OUR CONTROL
Third-party websites: The Service may contain links to other websites or encourage you to visit such other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
13. HOW TO CONTACT US