In 1995 was created Kakao, which is appeared as Corporate Investor. The main office of represented Corporate Investor is situated in the Jeju. The fund was located in Asia if to be more exact in South Korea.
The current fund was established by Brian Kim, JB Lee, Saehoon Choi, Sirgoo Lee.
Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Credit Bureau, Publishing. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Korea Credit Data, Tapas Media Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 1 and less years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - South Korea.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 participants. Despite the Kakao, startups are often financed by 500 Startups, Strong Ventures, SK Planet. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Y Combinator, Matt Humphrey, Louis Beryl. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Strong Ventures, Shinhan Card, SBI Investment Korea.
The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. The real fund results show that this Corporate Investor is 40 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The important activity for fund was in 2017. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 deals per year.
|Atypical Ventures||New York, New York, United States|
|Boxee||Israel, Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv District|
|Century Equity Partners||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority||Connecticut, Rocky Hill, United States|
|FashionValet||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|FlyCap||Latvia, Riga, Riga|
|Hudson River Trading||New York, New York, United States|
|ING Corporate Investments||Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, The Netherlands|
|Lab360 Hardware Incubator||California, Santa Clara, United States|
|McConnell Foundation||Canada, Montreal, Quebec|
|NeuroNetworks Fund||New York, New York, United States|
|Nodex Capital||Central Region, Singapore, Singapore|
|NZXT||California, Maryland, United States|
|PSP Growth||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|SBI FinTech Fund||-|
|Shenzhenshi Tianhe Tongxin Touzi||China, Guangdong, Shenzhen|
|Siruixue Touzi||China, Ningbo Shi, Zhejiang|
|West Coast Ventures Inc.||-|
|$20M||20 Oct 2021||Burlington, Vermont, United States|
– Superplastic, a company from the creator of Ello and Kidrobot, raised $20m funding.
– The round was led by Google Ventures, Index Ventures, Founders Fund, Craft Ventures, Day One Ventures, Galaxy Digital, Kakao, LINE Friends and individual investors like Cyan Banister, Jared Leto, Justin Timberlake and Scooter Braun.
– The company owns an animated collab house of “synthetic superstars” — characters who live on social media and pop up everywhere else through partnerships with celebrities, iconic fashion brands and gaming platforms.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.