BMW i Ventures appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2011. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Mountain View. The venture was found in North America in United States. BMW i Ventures appeared to be a CVC structure as part of the corporation.
The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 1 of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Mobile, Internet. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Carbon3D, Graphcore, Desktop Metal.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 participants. Despite the BMW i Ventures, startups are often financed by Y Combinator, Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Toyota AI Ventures, Y Combinator, Highland Capital Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Y Combinator, Index Ventures, GE Ventures.
Besides them, we counted 4 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. When the investment is from BMW i Ventures the average startup value is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 21 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The important activity for fund was in 2017. Comparing to the other companies, this BMW i Ventures performs on 21 percentage points less the average number of lead investments.
|$190M||28 Nov 2021||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$150M||18 Nov 2021||Old Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|24 Jun 2021||Mountain View, California, United States|
|$65M||14 Jun 2021||London, England, United Kingdom|
Plus One Robotics
|$33M||27 Apr 2021||San Antonio, Texas, United States|
|$5M||01 Jan 2021||Colorado, United States|
|$75M||09 Sep 2020||Maryland, United States|
|28 Jul 2020||Austin, Texas, United States|
|09 Jun 2020||California, United States|
– Autobrains, developer of first-of-its-kind self-learning artificial intelligence technology for assisted and autonomous driving, today announced it raised $101 million in Series C financing led by Temasek, a global investment company headquartered in Singapore.
– Additional participants in the round include new investors Knorr-Bremse AG, a leading automotive player and VinFast, a fast-growing flagship Vietnamese car manufacturer, as well as existing investor BMW and long-term strategic partner, Continental AG.
– The funding will grow the company’s commercial reach into new global markets.
– Natural Fiber Welding from Peoria develops sustainable technologies based on the use of plants and natural fibers to obtain durable goods and textiles.
– Series A $15m round was led by The Community Development Venture Capital Alliance (CDVCA) with participation from BMW i Ventures, Prairie Crest Capital, Ethos Capital, For Good Ventures, and Evolution VC Partners.
– The funding will be used to scale production and move into new markets like the automotive industry that need a sustainable solution to replace synthetic materials.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.