Kernel Capital is the famous VC, which was founded in 2011. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the San Mateo.
For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Ireland. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Intune Networks, Arralis, Datactics. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 3 or 4 of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Information Technology, Big Data.
Besides them, we counted 21 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. When the investment is from Kernel Capital the average startup value is 5-10 millions dollars. The top activity for fund was in 2013. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The real fund results show that this VC is 14 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. Opposing the other organizations, this Kernel Capital works on 17 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 participants. Despite the Kernel Capital, startups are often financed by Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator, EASME - EU Executive Agency for SMEs, DCU Ryan Academy for Entrepreneurship. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Bank of Ireland Seed and Early Stage Equity fund, Enterprise Ireland, Act Venture Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Enterprise Ireland, EASME - EU Executive Agency for SMEs, Act Venture Capital.
|$2M||05 May 2021||Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom|
|$1M||03 Feb 2021||Old Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|$2M||15 Sep 2020||Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom|
|$1M||30 Mar 2020||Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland|
|$2M||22 Aug 2019||Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland|
|$2M||01 Aug 2019||Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom|
|$1M||14 May 2019||Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom|
|$5M||05 Mar 2019||Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom|
|$2M||06 Sep 2018||County Dublin|
– Kianda Technologies, a Dublin, Ireland-based provider of a platform to digitize and streamline business processes, raised €1.5m in funding.
– The round was led by Kernel Capital through the Bank of Ireland Kernel Capital Growth Fund, supported by Enterprise Ireland.
– The company intends to use the funds to continue to expand operations and its business reach as well as to enhance product development.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.