Chengwei Capital appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1999. The venture was found in Asia in China. The main department of described VC is located in the Shanghai.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 participants. Despite the Chengwei Capital, startups are often financed by Sutter Hill Ventures, Source Code Capital, Farallon Capital Management. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Source Code Capital, Sinovation Ventures, Yunqi Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Sutter Hill Ventures, Source Code Capital, Ant Financial.
We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Internet, Service Industry. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Youku, Hellobike, Apus Group The fund has exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - China.
The fund was created by Eric X Li. Besides them, we counted 5 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 19 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Comparing to the other companies, this Chengwei Capital performs on 20 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The typical startup value when the investment from Chengwei Capital is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The important activity for fund was in 2018. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year.
Funds with similar focus
|$15M||26 Sep 2022||Guangzhou, Guangdong, China|
|13 Sep 2022||Dongcheng District, Beijing, China|
|26 Aug 2022||München, Bayern, Germany|
|05 Jul 2022||Haidian, Beijing, China|
|21 Jun 2022||Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China|
|$15M||07 Jun 2022||Shenzhen, Guangdong, China|
|$15M||29 Mar 2022||Minhang, Shanghai, China|
|$25M||22 Dec 2021||Shanghai, Shanghai, China|
|$10M||21 Dec 2021||Shanghai, Shanghai, China|
– Rapid Silicon, a provider of AI-enabled application-specific FPGAs based on open-source technology, announced $15 million in seed funding led by ChengWei Capital and Cambium Capital.
– Rapid Silicon is headed by industry veteran Dr. Naveed Sherwani and has offices in San Jose and Shanghai, and plans to expand with additional offices in Europe and Asia.
– Rapid Silicon’s new generation of FPGAs targets a wide range of applications, allowing customers to introduce differentiated products in record time.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.