Pontifax AgTech appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2014. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Santa Monica. The venture was found in North America in United States.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Caribou Biosciences, Provivi, AgBiome. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Biopharma, Health Care. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 7-8 partakers. Despite the Pontifax AgTech, startups are often financed by Polaris Partners, Monsanto Growth Ventures (MGV), Innotech Advisers. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are TPG Alternative & Renewable Technologies, Monsanto Growth Ventures (MGV), UTIMCO. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by UTIMCO, TPG Alternative & Renewable Technologies, Shu Duan.
The important activity for fund was in 2018. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 13 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. Opposing the other organizations, this Pontifax AgTech works on 12 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments.
The fund was created by Benjamin Belldegrun, Philip Erlanger. Besides them, we counted 2 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|iMENA Group||United Arab Emirates, Dubai|
|Juvo Capital||United States, Monrovia|
|Marlin Equity Partners||United States, Hermosa Beach|
|Guide Ventures||United States, Bellevue|
|OppenheimerFunds||United States, Denver|
|Oman Investment Fund||Oman, Masqat|
|Hurun Report||China, Pudong|
|Fast Forward||United States, San Francisco|
|WCB EIT+||Poland, Wroclaw|
|Lab22.co||Brazil, Rio de Janeiro|
|New Age Capital||United States, New York|
|Yichang Boyue Investment Management||China, Yichang|
|Mercy Corps Ventures||United States, Portland|
|Superstring Capital||United States, New York|
|Inovasi Venture||Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur|
|$70M||13 Apr 2021||United States, Chicago|
Anuvia Plant Nutrients
|$103M||23 Feb 2021||United States, " United States"}|
Pairwise Plants LLC
|$90M||03 Feb 2021||United States, Durham|
|$45M||22 Dec 2020||United States, Santa Monica|
Anuvia Plant Nutrients
|$60M||30 Sep 2020||United States, " United States"}|
|$9M||09 Sep 2020||United States, Minneapolis|
|$28M||04 Jun 2020||United Kingdom, London|
The Bouqs Company
|$30M||30 Jan 2020||United States, Los Angeles|
Anuvia Plant Nutrients
|$55M||09 Dec 2019||United States, " United States"}|
– Anuvia Plant Nutrients announced it has raised $103 million in Series C funding.
– The round was co-led by TPG ART and Pontifax Global Food and Agriculture Technology Fund (Pontifax AgTech), with additional investment from Generate and Piva Capital.
– Anuvia will use the financing to increase the production capacity and expand commercialization of its innovative nutrient delivery technology, as commercial agriculture continues its transformation into more sustainable and profitable practices.
– Anuvia’s SymTRX™ is already in commercial use on U.S. farms, with use expected to increase to reach 20 million acres by 2025.
– As consumers and mainstream retailers are increasingly demanding sustainability across the supply chain, Anuvia’s technology is helping farms be more competitive in the changing landscape.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.