In 1989 was created OrbiMed, which is appeared as VC. The venture was found in North America in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the New York.
Besides them, we counted 15 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the OrbiMed, startups are often financed by New Enterprise Associates, Kearny Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Deerfield, Alta Partners, Topspin Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Versant Ventures, Venrock, OUP (Osage University Partners).
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Loxo Oncology, Receptos, Avanir Pharmaceuticals. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Biotechnology, Clinical Trials. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States.
Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 22 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The important activity for fund was in 2017. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The typical startup value when the investment from OrbiMed is 100-500 millions dollars. Opposing the other organizations, this OrbiMed works on 6 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2015. The fund is generally included in 13-24 deals every year.
Funds with similar focus
|$90M||02 Sep 2021||United States, Cambridge|
|$60M||26 Aug 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|$90M||18 Aug 2021||United States, Cambridge|
|$75M||17 Aug 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$157M||11 Aug 2021||United States, Seattle|
|$50M||04 Aug 2021||United States, San Diego|
|$15M||03 Aug 2021||China, Wuxi|
Owlet Baby Care
|$130M||16 Jul 2021||United States, Lehi|
|$53M||14 Jul 2021||United States, Los Angeles|
– Garuda Therapeutics from Cambridge develops off-the-shelf, durable blood stem cell therapies. – Series A funding of $72m brings company valuation to more than $1b. – The round was led by Aisling Capital, Northpond Ventures and Orbimed, supported by Cormorant Asset Management, Ridgeback Capital Investments, Monashee Investment Management, Sectoral Asset Management, National Resilience, Inc. (Resilience), Mass General Brigham Ventures, among others. Read more
– Amolyt Pharma from Lyon develops therapeutic peptides for rare endocrine and related diseases. – The company closed an $80m Series B round. – The round was co-led by Sectoral Asset Management and Andera Partners, with participation from ATEM Capital, LSP, Novo Holdings (Novo Ventures), Kurma Partners, Mass General Brigham Ventures, Innobio 2 managed by Bpifrance, Orbimed, Pontifax, Eurazeo, Sham Innovation Santé/Turenne Capital and Credit Agricole Creation. – The company plans to use the proceeds from th... Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.