General Atlantic is the famous VC, which was founded in 1980. The venture was found in North America in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the New York.
The high activity for fund was in 2019. The average startup value when the investment from General Atlantic is more than 1 billion dollars. This General Atlantic works on 4 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The real fund results show that this VC is 31 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The common things for fund are deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Alibaba, Ant Financial, Uber. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are E-Commerce, Information Technology.
We also calculated 26 valuable employees in our database.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the General Atlantic, startups are often financed by Accel, Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Temasek Holdings, Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by SoftBank Investment Advisers, New Enterprise Associates, Morgan Stanley.
|$60M||02 Sep 2021||United States, Boston|
|$750M||13 Aug 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$118M||11 Aug 2021||Germany, Karlsruhe|
|$1B||09 Aug 2021||Turkey, Istanbul|
|$70M||05 Aug 2021||Peru, Lima|
|$118M||03 Aug 2021||Brazil, São Paulo|
|$440M||01 Aug 2021||India, Bengaluru|
|$250M||30 Jul 2021||Vietnam, Hanoi|
|$77M||28 Jul 2021||Israel, Tel Aviv-Yafo|
– Matillion, a startup that helps companies harness their data, raised $150m in funding.
– The round was led by General Atlantic and joined by Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, Scale Venture Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
– The company has hundreds of enterprise customers, including Western Union, FOX, Sony, Slack, National Grid, Peet’s Coffee and Cisco.
– The startup was founded in Manchester (it now also has a base in Denver), and this makes it one of a handful of tech startups out of the city — others we’ve recently covered include The Hut Group, Peak AI and Fractory — now hitting the big leagues and helping to put it on the innovation map as an urban center to watch.
– Transmit Security announced that Citi Ventures and the Goldman Sachs have joined the company’s most recent $543m Series A funding round, setting a new record in investment history as the largest Series A investment in cybersecurity.
– The Series A round was led by Insight Partners and General Atlantic with additional investment from Cyberstarts, Geodesic, SYN Ventures, Vintage, and Artisanal Ventures.
– Previously bootstrapped, Transmit Security’s Series A funding round brings the company’s pre-money valuation to $2.2bn.
– Transmit Security will use the funding to increase the company’s global reach, expand its operations, and accelerate the company’s mission to help the world go passwordless.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.