In 2005 was created Founders Fund, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the San Francisco. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
This organization was formed by Ken Howery, Luke Nosek. The overall number of key employees were 9.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 participants. Despite the Founders Fund, startups are often financed by Susa Ventures, Social Capital, Slow Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Western Technology Investment, Tuesday Capital, Scott Banister. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Union Square Ventures, Streamlined Ventures, RRE Ventures.
The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Facebook, Spotify, Airbnb Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Health Care, Mobile.
The high activity for fund was in 2018. The fund is generally included in 25-48 deals every year. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 6 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. This Founders Fund works on 14 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The average startup value when the investment from Founders Fund is more than 1 billion dollars.
Wave Mobile Money
|$200M||07 Sep 2021||Senegal, Dakar|
|$86M||30 Aug 2021||United States, New York|
|$48M||26 Aug 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$100M||25 Aug 2021||United States, New York|
|$25M||19 Aug 2021||United States, Milpitas|
|$30M||18 Aug 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$35M||30 Jul 2021||United States, Los Angeles|
|$5M||23 Jul 2021||India, Bangalore|
|$3M||22 Jul 2021||United States, Miami|
– Kavak, a Mexico City-based startup that operates a pre-owned car marketplace in Latin America, announced that it has raised a massive $700 million in a Series E round that more than doubles the company’s valuation to $8.7 billion. – Cambridge, Massachusetts-based General Catalyst led Kavak’s Series E, which brings the company’s total raised to over $1.5 billion since its 2016 inception. – Tiger Global, Spruce House, D1, SEA, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, SoftBank and others also participated in the latest fin... Read more
– 9am.health, a virtual diabetes clinic, raised $3.7m seed funding. – The round was led by Founders Fund, Define Ventures, Speedinvest and iSeed Ventures. – The company plans to target the 1 in 3 people living with diabetes in the United States. Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.