Breakthrough Energy Ventures appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2015. The fund was located in Europe if to be more exact in France. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Paris.
The fund is constantly included in 7-12 investment rounds annually. The important activity for fund was in 2019. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 53 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Chemical, Energy. For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight QuantumScape, Pivot Bio, Commonwealth Fusion. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Breakthrough Energy Ventures, startups are often financed by Pangaea Ventures, Volkswagen Group, Sand Hill Angels. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are The Engine, Sofinnova Partners, Prelude Ventures, LLC. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by OGCI Climate Investments.
The fund was created by Bill Gates, Jack Ma, Jeff Bezos, John Doerr, Vinod Khosla. The overall number of key employees were 5.
|$5M||10 Aug 2021||United Kingdom, London|
|$700M||28 Jul 2021||United States, Carson City|
|$20M||21 Jul 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|$5M||16 Jul 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|$35M||13 Jul 2021||Sweden, Gothenburg|
|$13M||29 Jun 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|$25M||28 Jun 2021||United States, Bedford|
|$28M||30 Apr 2021||United States, Berkeley|
|01 Apr 2021||United States, San Francisco|
– Lilac Solutions announced a $150m Series B financing round led by Lowercarbon Capital and funds and accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates.
– The round was also joined by Mercuria Energy Trading and Valor Equity Partners; existing investors Breakthrough Energy Ventures and The Engine also participated in the round.
– Lilac has developed a new ion exchange technology to increase production of lithium from brine resources.
– Lilac will use the new funds to ramp production of the company’s unique ion exchange beads, expand its teams of engineers and field operators, and deploy the technology globally.
– Most of the world’s lithium is contained in brine resources – naturally occurring deposits of salt water. These brines are abundant, but resource developers have struggled to bring projects into production due to a lack of cost-effective technology.
– Iron Ox is a San Carlos CA-based agtech startup.
– The company raised $53M in Series C funding.
– The round was led by Breakthrough Energy Ventures.
– The company intends to use the funds to expand its grocery store presence, accelerate hiring, particularly of plant scientists, engineers, greenhouse operators and roboticists, and grow its research and development programs, and its manufacturing scale across the United States.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.