Index Ventures is the famous VC, which was founded in 1996. The main department of described VC is located in the Geneva. The venture was found in Europe in Switzerland.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Index Ventures, startups are often financed by Spark Capital, Oreilly AlphaTech Ventures, The Accelerator Group. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are True Ventures, Tenaya Capital, T. Rowe Price. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Slow Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, Highland Capital Partners.
The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Software, E-Commerce. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is no match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Slack Technologies, Dropbox, Supercell.
The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The real fund results show that this VC is 16 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The fund is constantly included in 25-48 investment rounds annually. Comparing to the other companies, this Index Ventures performs on 8 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The average startup value when the investment from Index Ventures is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2014. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars.
The current fund was established by David Rimer, Giuseppe Zocco, Neil Rimer. We also calculated 15 valuable employees in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|$4M||14 Dec 2021||Berlin, Berlin, Germany|
|$4M||30 Nov 2021||Paris, Ile-de-France, France|
|$190M||28 Nov 2021||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$20M||22 Nov 2021||Dublin, Dublin, Ireland|
|$90M||18 Nov 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$14M||16 Nov 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$20M||15 Nov 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$250M||09 Nov 2021||City of Brussels, Belgium|
|$1B||04 Nov 2021||Mountain View, California, United States|
– Superplastic, a company from the creator of Ello and Kidrobot, raised $20m funding.
– The round was led by Google Ventures, Index Ventures, Founders Fund, Craft Ventures, Day One Ventures, Galaxy Digital, Kakao, LINE Friends and individual investors like Cyan Banister, Jared Leto, Justin Timberlake and Scooter Braun.
– The company owns an animated collab house of “synthetic superstars” — characters who live on social media and pop up everywhere else through partnerships with celebrities, iconic fashion brands and gaming platforms.
– Resistant AI, which uses artificial intelligence to help financial services companies combat fraud and financial crime, has raised $16.6m in Series A funding.
– GV led the round, with participation from existing investors Index Ventures, Credo Ventures and Seedcamp, plus several unnamed angel investors specializing in financial technology and security.
– The funding will be used to meet rising demand from global financial institutions, including by building out its product, engineering and sales operations teams beyond its existing footprint — which also includes offices in London and New York.
– The startup says it has 30 customers signed up at this stage to use its dedicated anti-fraud security products — which include machine learning detection of fraudulent documents and AI for spotting problematic patterns of transactions.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.