Index Ventures is the famous VC, which was founded in 1996. The main department of described VC is located in the Geneva. The venture was found in Europe in Switzerland.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Index Ventures, startups are often financed by Spark Capital, Oreilly AlphaTech Ventures, The Accelerator Group. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are True Ventures, Tenaya Capital, T. Rowe Price. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Slow Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, Highland Capital Partners.
The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Software, E-Commerce. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is no match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Slack Technologies, Dropbox, Supercell.
The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The real fund results show that this VC is 16 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The fund is constantly included in 25-48 investment rounds annually. Comparing to the other companies, this Index Ventures performs on 8 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The average startup value when the investment from Index Ventures is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2014. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars.
The current fund was established by David Rimer, Giuseppe Zocco, Neil Rimer. We also calculated 15 valuable employees in our database.
|17M||08 Dec 2016||Germany, Berlin|
|5M||01 Jul 2007||United Kingdom, Westminster|
Josh Wood Colour
|5M||10 Mar 2019||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|10M||01 Jan 2008||France, Paris|
|21M||19 Jun 2019||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|25 Aug 2011||United States, San Jose|
|3M||18 Sep 2008||United Kingdom, Cambridge|
|1M||16 Jan 2012||Germany, Berlin|
|25M||16 Nov 2009||Switzerland, Belmont|
|2M||21 Dec 2007||United States, Campbell|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.