Canada Pension Plan Investment Board is the famous Corporate Investor, which was founded in 1997. The main department of described Corporate Investor is located in the Toronto. The venture was found in North America in Canada.
Considering the real fund results, this Corporate Investor is 32 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. This Canada Pension Plan Investment Board works on 9 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. Deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. The average startup value when the investment from Canada Pension Plan Investment Board is more than 1 billion dollars. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The important activity for fund was in 2019.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 11-15 years to receive the investment from the fund. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Education, Communications Infrastructure. For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Meituan-Dianping, Veeam Software, BGL Group The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 3 of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little.
The overall number of key employees were 2.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 partakers. Despite the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, startups are often financed by Riverwood Capital, Tencent Holdings, Temasek Holdings. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Tencent Holdings, Baillie Gifford, Trustbridge Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Tencent Holdings, Wendi Murdoch, Trustbridge Partners.
Funds with similar focus
Eruditus Executive Education
|$220M||12 Aug 2021|
|$700M||28 Jul 2021||United States, Carson City|
|$80M||27 Jul 2021||United States, Berkeley|
|$125M||20 Jul 2021||Canada, Old Toronto|
|$225M||12 Jul 2021||Canada, (Old) Ottawa|
|$1B||28 Jun 2021||Australia, Chatswood|
|$21M||01 Jun 2021||Canada, Richmond|
Caris Life Sciences
|$830M||11 May 2021||United States, Irving|
|$131M||06 May 2021||India, Chennai|
– Laronde is a Cambridge, Mass.-based company advancing Endless RNA™ (eRNA) – a novel, engineered form of RNA that can be programmed to express therapeutic proteins inside the body.
– The company raised $440m in Series B financing.
– The round was led by Flagship Pioneering, with participation from T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Invus, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPP Investments), Fidelity Management & Research Company, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, and Federated Hermes Kaufmann Funds, among others.
– The new investment will be used to advance the development of the company’s eRNA platform and a broad pipeline of programs across a number of therapeutic categories.
– Deep Genomics announced the closing of a $180m Series C financing round.
– The round was led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2 and includes participation from new investors, Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board, Fidelity Management & Research Company, Alexandria Venture Investments, and existing investors Amplitude Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Magnetic Ventures, and True Ventures.
– Deep Genomics uses AI and machine learning to program and prioritize transformational RNA therapeutics for genetic diseases.
– The company has leveraged its strategic geographical advantage by combining its teams in Toronto, the birthplace of deep learning and the fastest growing technology hub in North America, with the Boston-Cambridge biotechnology hub, by hiring Jeffrey Brown, PhD, as VP of Preclinical Research, Ferdinand Massari, MD, as Chief Medical Officer, and Amanda Kay, PhD, as Chief Business Officer.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.