MPM Capital is the famous VC, which was founded in 1996. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the Cambridge.
We also calculated 24 valuable employees in our database.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the MPM Capital, startups are often financed by HealthCare Ventures, Domain Associates, Abingworth. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Astellas Venture Management, Venrock, Oxford Bioscience Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Wellcome Trust, Venrock, HealthCare Ventures.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Pharmaceutical, Medical. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline 23andMe, EndoGastric Solutions, Repare Therapeutics
Considering the real fund results, this VC is 10 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The important activity for fund was in 2003. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2014. The average startup value when the investment from MPM Capital is 100-500 millions dollars. Comparing to the other companies, this MPM Capital performs on 1 percentage points more the average number of lead investments.
Funds with similar focus
|$75M||08 Sep 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$84M||25 Aug 2022||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$221M||16 Aug 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$28M||02 Dec 2021||South San Francisco, California, United States|
|$80M||21 Oct 2021||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|$51M||19 Oct 2021||San Diego, California, United States|
|$88M||19 Jul 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$116M||31 Mar 2021||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$72M||18 Mar 2021||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
– ReCode Therapeutics announced the closing of an $80m Series B financing round co-led by Pfizer Ventures and EcoR1 Capital.
– The round was led by Pfizer Ventures and EcoR1 Capital.
– New investors include Sanofi Ventures, funds managed by Tekla Capital Management, Superstring Capital and NS Investment.
– Existing investors who participated included OrbiMed, Vida Ventures, MPM Capital, Colt Ventures, Hunt Technology Ventures, and Osage University Partners.
– Umoja Biopharma, a Seattle-based immunotherapy company, raised $210m in Series B funding.
– The round was led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2 and Cormorant Asset Management.
– New investors included RTW Investments, LP, Temasek, Presight Capital, Caas Capital and SVB Leerink.
– Funds also came from existing investors: MPM Capital, DCVC Bio, Qiming Venture Partners USA, Casdin Capital, The Emerson Collective and Alexandria Venture Investments.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.