Hearst Ventures appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1995. The company was established in North America in United States. Hearst Ventures appeared to be a CVC structure as part of the corporation. The main department of described VC is located in the New York.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Hearst Ventures, startups are often financed by Trident Capital, First Round Capital, Accel. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Trident Capital, SoftBank Capital, Sky. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by GGV Capital, Trident Capital, Allen & Company.
The overall number of key employees were 7.
The top activity for fund was in 2017. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. The typical startup value when the investment from Hearst Ventures is 100-500 millions dollars. The real fund results show that this VC is 2 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. This Hearst Ventures works on 3 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2012.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Pandora, Roku, Inc., Buzzfeed. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Mobile, Social Media. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund.
Funds with similar focus
|$60M||10 Nov 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$14M||27 Sep 2022||Los Gatos, California, United States|
|$6M||22 Sep 2022||Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, The Netherlands|
|22 Aug 2022||Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China|
|$20M||21 Apr 2022||-|
|$4M||13 Apr 2022||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|$3M||21 Mar 2022||New York, New York, United States|
Blue Wall Technology
|$7M||18 Mar 2022||Shanghai, China|
|$50M||15 Dec 2021||London, England, United Kingdom|
– DroneBase, a company providing drones as a service to capture high-resolution aerial photos, announced that it raised $20 million in a funding round led by Euclidean Capital with participation from Union Square Ventures, Upfront Ventures, Energy Transition Ventures, Hearst Ventures, Pritzker Group Venture Capital, and Valor Equity Partners.
– The company says that the funds will be put toward expansion in the renewable energy industry and other segments with “high-value” infrastructure, like commercial real estate and insurance.
– Investments in drone startups are growing as the benefits of AI applied to aerial photography become clear. For example, algorithms analyze images from drones to monitor for corrosion, pests, and even livestock health. And insurers like State Farm leverage drones for claims inspections, assessing on-the-ground damage, and emergency resources following a disaster.
– Truepic, a digital image verification software provider, has raised $26m in a Series B funding round.
– The round was led by M12, Microsoft’s venture fund, and joined by Adobe, Sony Innovation Fund, Hearst Ventures and individuals from Stone Point Capital.
– The company has raised $36m since its 2015 inception.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.