Hearst Ventures appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1995. The company was established in North America in United States. Hearst Ventures appeared to be a CVC structure as part of the corporation. The main department of described VC is located in the New York.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Hearst Ventures, startups are often financed by Trident Capital, First Round Capital, Accel. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Trident Capital, SoftBank Capital, Sky. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by GGV Capital, Trident Capital, Allen & Company.
The overall number of key employees were 7.
The top activity for fund was in 2017. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. The typical startup value when the investment from Hearst Ventures is 100-500 millions dollars. The real fund results show that this VC is 2 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. This Hearst Ventures works on 3 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2012.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Pandora, Roku, Inc., Buzzfeed. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Mobile, Social Media. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund.
|45M||30 Nov 2015||China, Shanghai|
|8M||23 Oct 2018||United States, New York|
|25M||01 Jul 2006||United States, Oakland|
|27M||13 Feb 2017||United States, Los Angeles|
|63M||01 Apr 2001||United States, Bellevue|
|61M||24 Feb 2017||China, Shanghai|
Drone Racing League
|20M||15 Mar 2017||United States, New York|
|3M||09 Jul 2008||United States, New York|
|20M||26 Mar 2019||Netherlands, Amsterdam|
|7M||04 Jun 2018|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.