Cota Capital is the famous VC, which was founded in 2014. The company was established in North America in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the San Francisco.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Cota Capital, startups are often financed by Streamlined Ventures, Lucas Venture Group, Plug and Play. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Signatures Capital, Streamlined Ventures, Pear Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Streamlined Ventures, Plug and Play, Western Technology Investment.
This organization was formed by Babak Poushanchi, Bobby Yazdani. The overall number of key employees were 6.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Cloud Computing, Software. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Berkeley Lights, Memebox, Capella Space. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low.
The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2015. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 investment rounds annually. Comparing to the other companies, this Cota Capital performs on 23 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2020. The real fund results show that this VC is 5 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies.
Funds with similar focus
|Caravela Capital||Brazil, Curitiba, Parana|
|Charlottesville Angel Network||Charlottesville, United States, Virginia|
|Dahlman Rose & Company||New York, New York, United States|
|Entropy Research Lab||California, Carson, United States|
|Frontier Capital||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|Future Food Fund||Den Haag, The Netherlands, Zuid-Holland|
|Good AI Capital||California, Menlo Park, United States|
|Greenleaf Foods||Elmhurst, Illinois, United States|
|IMG Worldwide||New York, New York, United States|
|Lyall Ventures||England, London, United Kingdom|
|Millenna FVCI III||-|
|New Horizon Investments||-|
|Relocation Japan||Japan, Yamanashi, Yamanashi Prefecture|
|RockBridge Capital Partners||Columbus, Ohio, United States|
|The Group Ventures||Canada, Ontario, Toronto|
|Willfly Ventures||India, Maharashtra, Mumbai|
|$30M||03 Nov 2021||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|$30M||22 Oct 2021||San Jose, California, United States|
|$10M||21 Oct 2021||Sacramento, California, United States|
|$10M||12 Oct 2021||Florida, United States|
|$45M||30 Sep 2021||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$7M||25 Aug 2021||Salt Lake City, Utah, United States|
|$8M||11 Aug 2021||Redwood City, California, United States|
|$45M||01 Jun 2021||Silver Spring, Maryland, United States|
|$45M||25 Feb 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
– Citcon received $30m in Series C financing led by Norwest Venture Partners and Cota Capital.
– The new funding will support the rapid addition of world-class staff and global expansion that builds on the company’s international presence on four continents.
– The company’s annualized payment volume is more than $1 billion, representing 300%+ year-on-year growth.
– Citcon’s global enterprise payments gateway allows merchants to participate in global commerce by enabling secure online or in-store transactions with more than 100 different payment methods, including mobile wallets, local payment schemes, and traditional credit cards — all through one single integration and reconciliation platform.
– Known Medicine is a Salt Lake City, Utah-based 3D cell culture data set company.
– The company raised $7.2M in seed funding.
– The round was led by Caffeinated Capital, with participation from Khosla Ventures, Cota Capital, Kickstart, Forward VC, OATV, Y Combinator, Chris Gibson and Nish Bhat.
– The new investment will be used to grow the company’s proprietary 3D cell culture data set for deployment in partnership with biopharmaceutical companies and in the clinical diagnostics space.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.