Cota Capital is the famous VC, which was founded in 2014. The company was established in North America in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the San Francisco.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Cota Capital, startups are often financed by Streamlined Ventures, Lucas Venture Group, Plug and Play. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Signatures Capital, Streamlined Ventures, Pear Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Streamlined Ventures, Plug and Play, Western Technology Investment.
This organization was formed by Babak Poushanchi, Bobby Yazdani. The overall number of key employees were 6.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Cloud Computing, Software. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Berkeley Lights, Memebox, Capella Space. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low.
The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2015. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 investment rounds annually. Comparing to the other companies, this Cota Capital performs on 23 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2020. The real fund results show that this VC is 5 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies.
Funds with similar focus
|IMG Worldwide||United States, New York|
|Future Food Fund||The Netherlands, Den Haag|
|New Horizon Investments||-|
|Huatai Securities||China, Nanjing|
|Willfly Ventures||India, Mumbai|
|Relocation Japan||Japan, Yamanashi|
|Greenleaf Foods||United States, Elmhurst|
|Millenna FVCI III||-|
|Caravela Capital||Brazil, Curitiba|
|Lyall Ventures||United Kingdom, London|
|Dahlman Rose & Company||United States, New York|
|Good AI Capital||United States, Menlo Park|
|Charlottesville Angel Network||United States, Charlottesville|
|The Group Ventures||Canada, Toronto|
|Entropy Research Lab||United States, Carson|
|RockBridge Capital Partners||United States, Columbus|
|Frontier Capital||China, Beijing|
|$7M||25 Aug 2021||United States, Salt Lake City|
|$8M||11 Aug 2021||United States, Redwood City|
|$45M||01 Jun 2021||United States, Silver Spring|
|$45M||25 Feb 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$60M||17 Feb 2021||United States, Philadelphia|
|02 Feb 2021||United States, Philadelphia|
|$4M||21 Jan 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|$13M||14 Jan 2021||United States, Palo Alto|
|$17M||12 Nov 2020||United States, Silver Spring|
– Known Medicine is a Salt Lake City, Utah-based 3D cell culture data set company. – The company raised $7.2M in seed funding. – The round was led by Caffeinated Capital, with participation from Khosla Ventures, Cota Capital, Kickstart, Forward VC, OATV, Y Combinator, Chris Gibson and Nish Bhat. – The new investment will be used to grow the company’s proprietary 3D cell culture data set for deployment in partnership with biopharmaceutical companies and in the clinical diagnostics space. Read more
– Webiny announced a $3.5 million seed round to continue developing both pieces. – Webiny, an early-stage startup that launched in 2019 with an open-source, serverless CMS, had also developed a framework to help build the CMS, and found that customers were also interested in that to help build their own serverless apps. – Microsoft’s venture fund M12 led the round, with participation from Samsung Next, Episode 1, Cota Capital and other unnamed investors. – Webiny founder Sven Al Hamad says that when the co... Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.