This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, Menlo Park
Unusual Ventures is a well known and established VC, which was founded in 2018. This investor is located in North America, United States. The the headquarters of this VC is in Menlo Park.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 other investors. Aside from Unusual Ventures, start-ups are often funded by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Afore Capital, Redpoint and 8 other funds. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are Lightspeed Venture Partners, Wing Venture Capital, SignalFire, the total number of co-investors is 1. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by Shasta Ventures, Golub Capital, Defy Ventures.
Among the most popular investment industries for the fund are Delivery, Cloud Computing. However, the fund’s focus is not limited to this, since there are 9 more areas of investment. Arctic Wolf Networks, CloudBees, Visor are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. The average start-up age at the time of investment by this fund is 2-3. The fund has an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. If the applying start-up has 4 founders, it is very unlikely that funding will be awarded. The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States.
This VC was founded by John Vrionis, Jyoti Bansal. The overall number of key employees in the fund's team is 5.
The fund usually participates in 7-12 investment rounds per year. The fund's activity peaked in 2019. In real terms, this VC performs 5 percentage points less exits than other funds. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are most common for this fund. When Unusual Ventures invests, the average start-up valuation is 100-500 millions dollars.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: unusual.vc; User name format in descending order of probability: first
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
10.0% of cases
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.