TCV is the famous VC, which was founded in 1995. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Menlo Park.
The fund was created by Jay Hoag, Rick Kimball. The overall number of key employees were 13.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 participants. Despite the TCV, startups are often financed by Venrock, Madrona Venture Group, Bain Capital Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Battery Ventures, Oak Investment Partners, Kleiner Perkins. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Battery Ventures, New Enterprise Associates, Meritech Capital Partners.
The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are SaaS, Financial Services. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Facebook, ByteDance, Spotify. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund.
The fund is constantly included in 13-24 deals per year. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2011. When the investment is from TCV the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. The top activity for fund was in 2000. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Comparing to the other companies, this TCV performs on 18 percentage points more the average number of lead investments. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 27 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
TechStyle Fashion Group
|33M||21 Sep 2011||United States, El Segundo|
TechStyle Fashion Group
|55M||26 Sep 2013||United States, El Segundo|
|31M||01 Jun 2000||United States, San Jose|
|10M||20 Jul 1998||United States, Atlanta|
|01 Nov 1996||United States, Seattle|
|7M||01 Mar 1999||United States, Seattle|
|90M||24 Jul 2000||United States, Boca Raton|
|6M||19 Apr 2011||United States, Seattle|
Copper Mountain Networks
|01 Jun 2001||United States, Palo Alto|
|01 Jun 1999||United States, San Jose|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.