In 2018 was created Northpond Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The venture was found in North America in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Bethesda.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 participants. Despite the Northpond Ventures, startups are often financed by ARCH Venture Partners, Sands Capital Ventures, Connecticut Innovations. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Sands Capital Ventures, Think.Health, Spring Mountain Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by National Cancer Institute SBIR Development Center, Think.Health, Spring Mountain Capital.
The real fund results show that this VC is 64 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The fund is generally included in 13-24 deals every year. The top activity for fund was in 2019. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund.
The current fund was established by Michael Rubin, Sharon Kedar. Besides them, we counted 3 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Ultivue, 908 Devices, Candel Besides, a startup needs to be aged 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Medical, Software. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States.
Funds with similar focus
|$38M||21 Nov 2022||Epalinges, Vaud, Switzerland|
|$12M||30 Sep 2022||Watertown, Massachusetts, United States|
|$41M||06 Sep 2022||Madison, Wisconsin, United States|
|$10M||25 Aug 2022||Durham, North Carolina, United States|
|$35M||27 Jul 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$100M||20 Jul 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$13M||15 Jun 2022||Berlin, Berlin, Germany|
|$75M||07 Jun 2022||Hatfield, Pennsylvania, United States|
|$85M||03 Jun 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
– SimBioSys announced it raised $15m in Series A funding to accelerate the development and commercialization of its TumorScope software platform.
– The company’s novel, simulation-based, precision medicine platform enables individualized treatment planning for cancer patients.
– This Series A was co-led by Genoa Ventures and Northpond Ventures, with participation from AV8 Ventures, Heritage Medical Group, and Mayo Clinic.
– Existing investors and founders also participated in this financing round, bringing the company’s total capital raised to $21m.
– In the first half of 2021, SimBioSys tripled its headcount, bringing in expert clinicians, scientists, and executives from the life sciences industry.
– Saama technologies announced a strategic growth investment and will be acquired by Carlyle.
– Saama’s intelligent Life Science Analytics Cloud (LSAC) is used by over 50 pharma and biotech companies on more than 1,500 studies.
– As an end-to-end platform, LSAC provides a unified approach to clinical trial data management and analytics.
– Carlyle has made a strategic growth investment and will acquire a majority stake in the Company.
– A broad co-investor group with several healthcare-focused venture funds, including Amgen Ventures, Intermountain Ventures, Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, McKesson Ventures, Northpond Ventures, Pfizer Ventures, and Population Health Partners, will be investing alongside Carlyle.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.