General Catalyst is the famous VC, which was founded in 2000. The company was established in North America in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the Cambridge.
Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 16 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Comparing to the other companies, this General Catalyst performs on 12 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The top activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2017. The fund is constantly included in 25-48 deals per year. When the investment is from General Catalyst the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the General Catalyst, startups are often financed by Sapphire Ventures, IVP (Institutional Venture Partners), Dharmesh Shah. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Social Capital, Lowercase Capital, Kodiak Venture Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Lux Capital, Goldman Sachs, Forerunner Ventures.
The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Health Care, E-Commerce. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Snap, Airbnb, Stripe Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund.
The fund was created by Bill Fitzgerald, David Fialkow, David Orfao, Joel Cutler. The overall number of key employees were 13.
|$50M||14 Dec 2021||New York, New York, United States|
|$8M||09 Dec 2021||Wilmington, Delaware, United States|
|$35M||07 Dec 2021||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$70M||06 Dec 2021||Mexico City, Mexico|
|$170M||30 Nov 2021||Scottsdale, Arizona, United States|
|$2M||24 Nov 2021||New Delhi, Delhi, India|
|$163M||22 Nov 2021||New York, New York, United States|
|$17M||19 Nov 2021||-|
|$1B||18 Nov 2021||San Jose, California, United States|
– Awardco, a Provo, Utah-based employee rewards and recognition company that builds culture through value-driven recognition, raised $65m in Series A funding.
– This round, which brought Awardco’s valuation to more than $900m, was led by General Catalyst and Ryan Smith, Qualtrics co-founder and Utah Jazz majority owner.
– The new investment will be used to scale Awardco’s product offerings and features.
– B12, a startup that is focused on helping those smaller professional service organizations such as law and accounting firms or mortgage brokerages more easily accept online payments and build a digital presence in general, announced it has raised $15.7m in funding led by Tola Capital.
– Breyer Capital, General Catalyst, Naval Ravikant and others also put money in the round, which brings B12’s total funding to $28.1m.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.