Lateral Capital is the famous VC, which was founded in 2017. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the New York. The company was established in North America in United States.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Lateral Capital, startups are often financed by Skylight Investment, Singularity Investments, Sierra Angels. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are North Base Media, CRE Venture Capital, Zephyr Management. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Singularity Investments, Zephyr Management, Spice Capital / OTEO Investment.
The important activity for fund was in 2018. The real fund results show that this VC is 7 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 investment rounds annually.
The fund was created by Rob Eloff, Steven Grin. Besides them, we counted 5 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Trading Platform, E-Commerce. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight NGX Bio, Once Innovations, Asoko Insight. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups.
|$15M||17 Aug 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$2M||24 May 2021||Sabon Gari West, Kano, Nigeria|
|$10M||12 Apr 2021||Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria|
|02 Feb 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$3M||18 Nov 2020||Lagos|
|30 Oct 2020||Lagos|
Mono (YC W21)
|$500K||21 Sep 2020||Lagos|
|$500K||19 Sep 2020||Sabon Gari West, Kano, Nigeria|
|$3M||01 Aug 2020||San Francisco, California, United States|
– Autochek, a pan-African automotive company, raised $13.1m in seed funding.
– The round was led by TLcom Capital and 4DX Ventures, and joined by existing investors Golden Palm Investments, Enza Capital, Lateral Capital, and others.
– First-time investors ASK Capital and Mobility 54 Investment SAS also participated.
– The company has raised $16.5m in two financing rounds.
– Pngme is a San Francisco, CA-based financial data infrastructure and machine learning-as-a-service platform.
– The company raised $15m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Octopus Ventures with participation from Lateral Capital, Unshackled Ventures, Raptor Group, EchoVC, Future Africa, Two Small Fish Ventures, and a group of individual angel investors including RallyCap’s Hayden Simmons, Plaid’s Dan Khan, former COO of RBC Capital Markets Richard Talbot, and Intersect VC’s Kyle Ellicott among others.
– The company intends to use the funds to expand its executive team with the hiring of Lorraine Kageni Maina as Chief Strategy Officer and Nick Masson as Chief Technology Officer.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.