In 2008 was created GV, which is appeared as VC. The company was established in North America in United States. GV appeared to be a CVC structure as part of the corporation. The main department of described VC is located in the Mountain View.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 partakers. Despite the GV, startups are often financed by Third Rock Ventures, Ridge Ventures (Formerly known as IDG Ventures USA), Paul Buchheit. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Venrock, Union Square Ventures, Ridge Ventures (Formerly known as IDG Ventures USA). In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Temasek Holdings, SharesPost Investment Management, In-Q-Tel.
This organization was formed by Bill Maris. The overall number of key employees were 6.
The average startup value when the investment from GV is more than 1 billion dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2014. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. This GV works on 10 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in more than 49 investment rounds annually. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 6 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Software, Internet. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Uber, Slack Technologies, Robinhood.
Funds with similar focus
|$60M||30 Aug 2021||United States, South San Francisco|
|$32M||16 Aug 2021||United Kingdom, Oxford|
|$103M||04 Aug 2021||United States, Atlanta|
|$20M||02 Aug 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|$205M||30 Jul 2021||United States, Fremont|
|$25M||27 Jul 2021||Israel, Tel Aviv-Yafo|
|$3M||21 Jul 2021||United States, New York|
|$25M||14 Jul 2021||Sweden, Stockholm|
|$200M||13 Jul 2021||United States, Cambridge|
– Superplastic, a company from the creator of Ello and Kidrobot, raised $20m funding.
– The round was led by Google Ventures, Index Ventures, Founders Fund, Craft Ventures, Day One Ventures, Galaxy Digital, Kakao, LINE Friends and individual investors like Cyan Banister, Jared Leto, Justin Timberlake and Scooter Braun.
– The company owns an animated collab house of “synthetic superstars” — characters who live on social media and pop up everywhere else through partnerships with celebrities, iconic fashion brands and gaming platforms.
– Resistant AI, which uses artificial intelligence to help financial services companies combat fraud and financial crime, has raised $16.6m in Series A funding.
– GV led the round, with participation from existing investors Index Ventures, Credo Ventures and Seedcamp, plus several unnamed angel investors specializing in financial technology and security.
– The funding will be used to meet rising demand from global financial institutions, including by building out its product, engineering and sales operations teams beyond its existing footprint — which also includes offices in London and New York.
– The startup says it has 30 customers signed up at this stage to use its dedicated anti-fraud security products — which include machine learning detection of fraudulent documents and AI for spotting problematic patterns of transactions.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.