Unicorn Nest news
– WiTricity announced an additional $18m to its previously announced October fund raise of $34m.
– The extension included investments from Tony Fadell’s Future Shape and other private investors. Fadell also joins WiTricity’s newly formed Board of Advisors.
– Stage 1 Ventures led the first tranche of $34m with participation from Air Waves Wireless Electricity and a strategic investment by Mitsubishi Corporation through its U.S. subsidiary, Mitsubishi Corporation (Americas).
– As global automakers race to support both consumer and government-generated demand for zero-emissions vehicles, they are also developing wireless charging capabilities that will improve the owner experience.
– Toronto-based Peak Power (Peak) today announced that it has closed funding from The Atmospheric Fund (TAF), representing the fifth investor in Peak’s capital funding round.
– TAF will join Sensata Technologies, Export Development Canada (EDC), BDC Capital, and Hatch/Canadian Shield as a strategic investor in Peak.
– TAF brings to the round their focus on carbon emissions reduction, as they have a mandate to advance local solutions to climate change through high impact investments.
– Their contribution aligns with Peak’s commitment to decarbonize energy, the built environment, and mobility through enabling intelligent energy in smart cities.
BlocPower Raises $63 Million Series A to Green Urban Buildings and Creates Innovative Financing Solution Alongside the Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group
– BlocPower announced a $63m Series A round.
– The round was led by American Family Insurance Institute for Corporate and Social Impact, AccelR8 and The Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group.
– To date, the company has raised $68m from early anchor investors, including Kapor Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, MaC Venture Capital, Exelon, New York Ventures of the Empire State Development Corporation, Echoing Green, and The Schmidt Family Foundation.
– The funding will enable BlocPower to expand and scale its inner-city energy retrofit projects across the U.S., create green jobs, improve quality of life for urban residents and save the planet.
– The company will soon offer Environmental Justice Impact Green Bonds to other institutional investors to help finance BlocPower’s future green retrofit projects.
Unicorn Nest news
– Dandelion Raises $30m in Series B Funding.
– Breakthrough Energy Ventures led the round with participation from existing investors, including GV, NEA, Lennar Corporation, Collaborative Fund, Building Ventures, Catchlight Ventures, and GroundUp.
– The company intends to use the funds to expand operations, while continuing to invest in research and development.
– Michael Sachse is CEO of Dandelion.
Unicorn Nest news
– Ampion PBC completed a $10m Series A Preferred Stock financing.
– The investment was provided by Technology Venture Partners (TVP) and will support and finance the company’s accelerating growth.
– Managing General Partner, Bryson Hollimon and General Partner, Don Bossi will join Ampion’s Board of Directors.
– This investment allows Ampion to expand its subscriber acquisition organization, broadening its reach across markets, and increases investment in the company’s leading revenue-management software platform designed to meet the needs of enterprise clients, thereby further extending Ampion’s unique position in the marketplace.
– Ampion’s solutions for ensuring the long-term revenue of these assets include initial acquisition of subscribers and ongoing management of billing and payment.
Fidelity Leads $81M Investment in Enevate to Accelerate Commercialization of Fast-Charging Electric Vehicle Battery Technology
– Enevate announced that it has secured a $81M Series E funding led by Fidelity Management & Research Company, providing the company with additional new resources aimed at accelerating global mass adoption of Enevate’s unique battery technology in electric vehicles.
– Existing investors, Mission Ventures and Infinite Potential Technologies, also participated in the round.
– The funding will enable Enevate to significantly expand its pre-production line designed to guide EV and other battery customers toward implementing larger-scale battery manufacturing utilizing Enevate’s silicon anode-based batteries.
– The funding would also enable Enevate to scale and grow. Included will be the hiring of additional personnel with an emphasis on scientists and engineers.
– With this latest funding round, Enevate has raised $191 million to date.