Unicorn Nest news
– Katana Graph, a startup that helps businesses analyze and manage unstructured data at scale, today announced a $28.5 million series A round led by Intel Capital.
– The company helps businesses ingest large amounts of data into memory, CEO Pingali told VentureBeat in a phone interview.
– The UT-Austin research group started working with graph processing and unstructured data two years ago and began by advising DARPA on projects that deal with data at scale.
– Katana Graph works in Python and compiles data using C++.
– Like companies that deal with algorithm auditing, AIOps, and model monitoring and management services, startups have emerged to help businesses analyze and label data, which may be why Labelbox raised $40 million and Databricks raised $1 billion.
BlocPower Raises $63 Million Series A to Green Urban Buildings and Creates Innovative Financing Solution Alongside the Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group
– BlocPower announced a $63m Series A round.
– The round was led by American Family Insurance Institute for Corporate and Social Impact, AccelR8 and The Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group.
– To date, the company has raised $68m from early anchor investors, including Kapor Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, MaC Venture Capital, Exelon, New York Ventures of the Empire State Development Corporation, Echoing Green, and The Schmidt Family Foundation.
– The funding will enable BlocPower to expand and scale its inner-city energy retrofit projects across the U.S., create green jobs, improve quality of life for urban residents and save the planet.
– The company will soon offer Environmental Justice Impact Green Bonds to other institutional investors to help finance BlocPower’s future green retrofit projects.
– Peak AI, a startup out of Manchester, England, is announcing some funding for a platform that it believes can help.
– The Series B is being led by Oxx, with participation from past investors MMC Ventures and Praetura Ventures, as well as new backer Arete.
– It has raised $43m to date and is not disclosing its valuation.
– The funding will be used to continue expanding the functionality of its platform, adding offices in the U.S. and India, and growing its customer base.
Unicorn Nest news
– Peak.AI, a startup developing AI solutions for enterprise customers, today announced that it closed a $21 million series B round.
– The funds, which bring Peak’s total raised to date to $43 million, will drive the company’s R&D and commercial expansion in the U.S. and India, according to CEO Richard Potter.
– The global enterprise AI market size was valued at $4.68 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach $53.06 billion by 2026, according to Allied Market Research.
– But the corporate sector’s adoption curve hasn’t been as steep as some had predicted despite the promise of AI.
Unicorn Nest news
– Peak is a Manchester, UK-based Artificial Intelligence (AI) company.
– The company raised $21m in Series B funding.
– The round was led by Oxx, with participation from existing investors MMC Ventures and Praetura Ventures, and new investor Arete.
– The new investment will be used to accelerate global expansion, with new offices opening in both the USA and India, as well as continued R&D investment. As a result, Peak is planning to create 130 new jobs globally in the coming year.
– Matillion has raised $100m in a series C round of funding led by Lightspeed Venture Partners.
– The company is racing to keep up with the demand for better cloud integration options.
– Matillion believes it has an advantage because its solution was built for the cloud-native era from the ground up.