Obvious Ventures is the famous VC, which was founded in 2014. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main office of represented VC is situated in the San Francisco.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 participants. Despite the Obvious Ventures, startups are often financed by Data Collective DCVC, SV Angel, Kleiner Perkins. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Lux Capital, Data Collective DCVC, Kleiner Perkins. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by General Catalyst, Data Collective DCVC, Kleiner Perkins.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are E-Commerce, Travel. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Magic Leap, Devoted Health, Beyond Meat
This organization was formed by Ev Williams, James Joaquin, Vishal Vasishth. We also calculated 3 valuable employees in our database.
The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The real fund results show that this VC is 2 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The important activity for fund was in 2015. The typical startup value when the investment from Obvious Ventures is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year. Opposing the other organizations, this Obvious Ventures works on 27 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2019.
Funds with similar focus
|58.com||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|Allos Therapeutics||Colorado, United States, Westminster|
|China Comservice Capital||-|
|Circle Ventures||New York, New York, United States|
|CM-CIC Innovation||France, Ile-de-France, Paris|
|Dada||Firenze, Italy, Toscana|
|EnergyFunders||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Indiegogo||California, San Francisco, United States|
|Platform Partners||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Prologis Ventures||California, San Francisco, United States|
|Regiment Capital||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Reinsurance Group Of America||Chesterfield, Missouri, United States|
|Sarwa Capital||Al Qahirah, Cairo, Egypt|
|Shanxi Qingchuang Zhongbang Network Technology||China, Fujian, Shanxi|
|SightLine Partners||Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States|
|TH Capital||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|TIBCORP||Central, Central Region, Singapore|
|YG Entertainment||Seoul, Seoul-t'ukpyolsi, South Korea|
|$33M||10 Nov 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$11M||29 Sep 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$22M||27 Sep 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$13M||29 Aug 2022||Austin, Texas, United States|
|$80M||17 Aug 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$23M||18 Jul 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$60M||29 Jun 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$10M||23 Jun 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$75M||21 Jun 2022||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
– One is a financial technology company which provides families and individuals with an account combining saving, spending, sharing, budgeting, and borrowing.
– The company raised $40m in Series B funding.
– The round was led by Progressive Investment Company and attracted new investor – Obvious Ventures as well as existing investors Foundation Capital and Core Innovation Capital.
– The new investment will be aimed at scaling the internal team and expanding its product offerings.
– XpertSea, a Canadian company transforming how seafood is farmed and traded, announced it has closed a $20M USD Series B funding round.
– The round was led by QED Investors and Atlantico with Investissement Quebec joining previous investors Obvious Ventures, Aqua-Spark, Tony Fadell’s Future Shape, Real Ventures and edō Capital.
– QED partner Lauren Morton will join XpertSea’s board, resulting in both an executive team and a board where women are in the majority.
– By 2050 our planet will need 70% more food production to feed 10 billion people. Aquaculture represents one of the most efficient and sustainable ways to supply that quality protein, but technology gaps and the lack of financial services to underbanked farmers are major barriers to growth.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.