Lux Capital is the famous VC, which was founded in 2000. The company was established in North America in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the New York.
When the investment is from Lux Capital the average startup value is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The fund is constantly included in 13-24 deals per year. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The top activity for fund was in 2017. Opposing the other organizations, this Lux Capital works on 21 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 5 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 participants. Despite the Lux Capital, startups are often financed by General Catalyst, GV, Union Square Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are New Enterprise Associates, Montage Ventures, Dolby Family Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Venrock, Kleiner Perkins, Bill Gates.
The current fund was established by Josh Wolfe, Peter Hebert, Rob Paull. Besides them, we counted 13 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Auris Health, Inc., Zoox, Desktop Metal. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Software, Health Care.
|56M||08 Jun 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|10M||01 Jun 2021|
|12M||31 May 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|100M||06 May 2021||United States, Cambridge|
|148M||05 May 2021||United States, Hayward|
|13M||04 May 2021||United States, New York|
|55M||28 Apr 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|21M||21 Apr 2021|
|2M||19 Apr 2021||United States, Seattle|
– HiHello, a Palo Alto CA-based digital business card platform, raised $7.5M in Series A funding. – The round was led by Foundry Group, with participation from Lux Capital, August Capital, Manu Kumar (Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of HiHello), and the co-founders of Lyft, Everlaw, Auth0, Path/June, and Military.com. – The company intends to use the funds to continue to grow its team and expand its business platform to support companies of all sizes. Read more
– Space propulsion developer Accion Systems raised $42m in a Series C funding. – The round was led by Tracker Capital and joined by existing investors, including Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Lux Capital, and Space Angels Network. – The company plans to use the funding to develop and manufacture its fourth generation propulsion system, dubbed the tiled ionic liquid electrospray (TILE) system. Read more
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.