Canaan Partners appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1987. The company was established in North America in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Menlo Park.
The current fund was established by Eric Young, Harry T. Rein. The overall number of key employees were 18.
Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Biotechnology, Enterprise Software. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Instacart, Lending Club, SuccessFactors The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Canaan Partners, startups are often financed by Lerer Hippeau, Intel Capital, Domain Associates. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Polaris Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Silicon Valley Bank, Pelion Venture Partners, Battery Ventures.
The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2014. The important activity for fund was in 2012. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is constantly included in 13-24 deals per year. The average startup value when the investment from Canaan Partners is 50-100 millions dollars. This Canaan Partners works on 9 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 14 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
Funds with similar focus
|$600K||31 Oct 2022||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|$65M||25 Oct 2022||West Haven, Connecticut, United States|
|$21M||06 Oct 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$5M||25 Aug 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$3M||17 Aug 2022||-|
|$18M||04 Aug 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$400M||21 Jul 2022||Paris, Ile-de-France, France|
|$7M||28 Jun 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$41M||22 Jun 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
– Bzaar, a business-to-business cross-border marketplace, is connecting retailers with over 50 export-ready manufacturers in India.
– The U.S.-based company announced that it raised $4m in seed funding, led by Canaan Partners, and including angel investors Flipkart co-founder Binny Bansal, PhonePe founders Sameer Nigam and Rahul Chari, Addition founder Lee Fixel and Helion Ventures co-founder Ashish Gupta.
– Nishant Verman and Prasanth Nair co-founded Bzaar in 2020 and consider their company to be like a “fair without borders,” Verman put it.
– SaaS procurement platform Tropic raised $25m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Canaan Partners and joined by Founder Collective and Shine.
– It brings Tropic to a total funding of $27.1m.
– The company plans to use the funding to expand its sales and marketing efforts.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.