In 1969 was created Venrock, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the Palo Alto. The company was established in North America in United States.
The fund is constantly included in 25-48 deals per year. The important activity for fund was in 2007. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2014. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The typical startup value when the investment from Venrock is 100-500 millions dollars. Opposing the other organizations, this Venrock works on 2 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 8 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Venrock, startups are often financed by Third Rock Ventures, OrbiMed, Lux Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Trellis Partners, Sequoia Capital, Investor Growth Capital Limited. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by MPM Capital, Investor Growth Capital Limited, Sequoia Capital.
The overall number of key employees were 14.
For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Juno Therapeutics, AveXis, Receptos. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Health Care, Information Technology.
|19M||01 Oct 2019||United States, Sunnyvale|
|15M||28 Aug 2006||United States, Waltham|
|10M||01 Dec 2008||United States, Newton|
|14M||28 Apr 2006||United States, Sunnyvale|
|5M||16 May 2001||United States, Milpitas|
|7M||25 Aug 2006|
|30M||06 Oct 2010||United States, Redwood City|
|12M||26 Dec 2002||United Kingdom, Durham|
|01 Jan 1995|
|5M||14 Jun 2005||United States, New York|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.