Octopus Ventures is the famous VC, which was founded in 2000. The fund was located in Europe if to be more exact in United Kingdom. The main department of described VC is located in the London.
We also calculated 12 valuable employees in our database.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 partakers. Despite the Octopus Ventures, startups are often financed by Playfair Capital, GoBeyond, Octopus Investments. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Playfair Capital, Notion, Seedcamp. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by LocalGlobe, GoBeyond, Business Growth Fund.
The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Internet, Artificial Intelligence. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Zoopla, CHRONEXT, Origami Energy For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United Kingdom.
The fund is generally included in 13-24 deals every year. The high activity for fund was in 2019. Deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars are the general things for fund. Opposing the other organizations, this Octopus Ventures works on 15 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2016. The real fund results show that this VC is 27 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. When the investment is from Octopus Ventures the average startup value is 10-50 millions dollars.
|16 Jun 2021||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|23M||03 Jun 2021||United Kingdom, London|
Bought By Many
|350M||01 Jun 2021||United Kingdom, London|
|15M||25 May 2021||United States, New York|
|11M||05 May 2021||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|37M||29 Apr 2021||United Kingdom, Westminster|
Ibex Medical Analytics
|38M||09 Mar 2021||Israel, Tel Aviv-Yafo|
|30M||25 Feb 2021||United States, Boston|
|15M||27 Jan 2021||United States, New York|
– Integrated Finance is a London UK-based fintech infrastructure startup. – The company raised £2M in Seed funding. – The round was led by Octopus Ventures with participation from 500 Start-Ups, SuperSeed Ventures, and prominent Angels Chris Adelsbach, Srin Madipalli, and John Erdimansinga. – The company intends to use the funds to increase product and engineering teams to further develop its platform, alongside building its commercial team to support the growth of new and existing customers. Read more
– Elvie, a women’s health tech company, raised $97m in Series C funding. – The round was led by BGF and BlackRock alongside existing investors including Octopus Ventures. – It brings Elvie to a valuation of $1.2 billion. – The Series C will be used to drive more growth through geographical expansion (including entering new markets) and diversifying its product portfolio to target other “key stages” in women’s lives. Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.