In 2009 was created Andreessen Horowitz, which is appeared as VC. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Menlo Park.
The fund was created by Ben Horowitz, Marc Andreessen. The overall number of key employees were 84.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the Andreessen Horowitz, startups are often financed by Streamlined Ventures, Naval Ravikant, Menlo Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are SV Angel, Webb Investment Network, Trinity Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Wellington Management, Shasta Ventures, Salesforce Ventures.
The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2017. The real fund results show that this VC is 13 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The typical startup value when the investment from Andreessen Horowitz is more than 1 billion dollars. Opposing the other organizations, this Andreessen Horowitz works on 14 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The important activity for fund was in 2013. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is constantly included in more than 49 deals per year.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Airbnb, Lyft, Slack Technologies The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Internet, Cloud Computing.
|25 Aug 2011||United States, San Jose|
|10M||10 Jun 2020||United States, Los Angeles|
|500M||11 Jan 2021||United Kingdom, Cambridge|
|4M||02 Dec 2020||Panama, San Francisco|
|7M||01 Jan 2021||Panama, San Francisco|
|10M||29 Oct 2020||United States, Palo Alto|
|12M||17 Oct 2020||United States, New York|
|1M||27 Aug 2020||United States, Atlanta|
|7M||20 Aug 2019||Panama, San Francisco|
|1000K||24 Apr 2015||United States, Fairfax|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.