Formation 8 appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2011. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the San Francisco.
Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are SaaS, Machine Learning. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Yello Mobile, Oscar Health Insurance Co., ContextLogic (dba. Wish). For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States.
The top activity for fund was in 2015. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 14 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The fund is constantly included in 13-24 deals per year. Comparing to the other companies, this Formation 8 performs on 16 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The typical startup value when the investment from Formation 8 is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the Formation 8, startups are often financed by ff Venture Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst, Samsung Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Samsung Ventures, LeFrak, Sway Ventures.
The fund was created by Brian Koo, Joe Lonsdale. Besides them, we counted 21 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|$200M||08 Sep 2021||San Jose, California, United States|
|$44M||14 Jul 2021||Mountain View, California, United States|
|$75M||23 Feb 2021||San Jose, California, United States|
|$46M||27 May 2020||San Diego, California, United States|
|$40M||28 Oct 2019||San Jose, California, United States|
|$33M||16 Sep 2019||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$170M||07 Apr 2019||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$51M||07 Mar 2019||New York, New York, United States|
Gradiant Energy Services
|01 Jan 2019||Denver, Colorado, United States|
– Aviatrix from Santa Clara provides cloud networking and security software for enterprises.
– The company raised $200m in Series E funding.
– The round was led by TCV with participation from new investors Insight Partners and Tiger Global, and existing investors CRV, Formation 8, General Catalyst, Greenspring Associates, Ignition, Liberty Global Ventures, Meritech Capital and TrueBridge Capital Partners.
– The new investment will be aimed at scaling the worldwide sales and support operations.
– CAPE Analytics announced $44m in Series C financing, led by Pivot Investment Partners.
– Aquiline Technology Growth and HSCM Bermuda also joined the Series C round, with across-the-board participation from existing investors, including Formation8 and Brewer Lane Ventures.
– The infusion of capital will be used to accelerate the creation of new property insights, powered by machine learning, for CAPE’s growing client base.
– CAPE Analytics serves over 50 subscription customers across insurance and real estate markets, such as Hippo Insurance, Amica Insurance, and State Auto Insurance.
– The Series C funding will allow CAPE Analytics to diversify its suite of data sources and partnerships, expand its coverage footprint in the U.S., Canada, and beyond, and grow its team of machine learning, data science, and risk experts.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.