Lightspeed Venture Partners is the famous VC, which was founded in 2000. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Menlo Park. The venture was found in North America in United States.
The fund was created by Barry Eggers, Christopher Schaepe, Peter Nieh, Ravi Mhatre. The overall number of key employees were 42.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Lightspeed Venture Partners, startups are often financed by Social Capital, Lightspeed China Partners, HWVP, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Silicon Valley Bank, Mayfield Fund, Innovation Endeavors. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Walden International, Rembrandt Venture Partners, Mesirow Financial.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Meituan-Dianping, Snap, Epic Games. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Mobile, Internet. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low.
The top activity for fund was in 2018. The typical startup value when the investment from Lightspeed Venture Partners is more than 1 billion dollars. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The real fund results show that this VC is 10 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The fund is constantly included in 25-48 investment rounds annually. This Lightspeed Venture Partners works on 11 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations.
Funds with similar focus
|$36M||06 Dec 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$120M||02 Dec 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$80M||01 Dec 2021||New York, New York, United States|
|$25M||29 Nov 2021||Singapore, Central Region, Singapore|
|$80M||22 Nov 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$17M||18 Nov 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$21M||17 Nov 2021||New York, New York, United States|
|$596M||16 Nov 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$100M||15 Nov 2021||Sunnyvale, California, United States|
– Reliable Robotics, a startup that is developing autonomous aircraft systems, raised $130m in Series C funding.
– The round was led by Coatue Management and joined by Lightspeed Ventures, Eclipse Ventures, Teamworthy Ventures and Pathbreaker Ventures.
– The company plans to use the funds to scale the team and support its first aircraft certification program.
– Matillion, a startup that helps companies harness their data, raised $150m in funding.
– The round was led by General Atlantic and joined by Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, Scale Venture Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
– The company has hundreds of enterprise customers, including Western Union, FOX, Sony, Slack, National Grid, Peet’s Coffee and Cisco.
– The startup was founded in Manchester (it now also has a base in Denver), and this makes it one of a handful of tech startups out of the city — others we’ve recently covered include The Hut Group, Peak AI and Fractory — now hitting the big leagues and helping to put it on the innovation map as an urban center to watch.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.