In 1983 was created Battery Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The venture was found in North America in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the Boston.
This organization was formed by Rick Frisbie. We also calculated 13 valuable employees in our database.
Comparing to the other companies, this Battery Ventures performs on 8 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The real fund results show that this VC is 18 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The fund is constantly included in 25-48 deals per year. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2012. When the investment is from Battery Ventures the average startup value is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Groupon, Coinbase, Marketo. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Enterprise Software, Internet. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Battery Ventures, startups are often financed by Kleiner Perkins, Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP), Intel Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Wing Venture Capital, Tiger Global Management, TCV. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Silicon Valley Bank, Scale Venture Partners, North Bridge Venture Partners & Growth Equity.
Funds with similar focus
|$160M||02 Dec 2021||New York, New York, United States|
|$50M||30 Nov 2021||Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden|
|$30M||24 Nov 2021||Irvine, California, United States|
|$50M||18 Nov 2021||Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel|
|$125M||10 Nov 2021||Mountain View, California, United States|
|$250M||09 Nov 2021||City of Brussels, Belgium|
|$200M||27 Oct 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$20M||26 Oct 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$150M||12 Oct 2021||Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel Aviv District, Israel|
– Matillion, a startup that helps companies harness their data, raised $150m in funding.
– The round was led by General Atlantic and joined by Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, Scale Venture Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
– The company has hundreds of enterprise customers, including Western Union, FOX, Sony, Slack, National Grid, Peet’s Coffee and Cisco.
– The startup was founded in Manchester (it now also has a base in Denver), and this makes it one of a handful of tech startups out of the city — others we’ve recently covered include The Hut Group, Peak AI and Fractory — now hitting the big leagues and helping to put it on the innovation map as an urban center to watch.
– Level AI, an early-stage startup from a former member of the Alexa product team, wants to help companies process customer service calls faster by understanding the interactions they’re having with customers in real time.
– The company launched publicly, while announcing a $13m Series A led by Battery Ventures, with help from seed investors Eniac and Village Global as well as some unnamed angels. Battery’s Neeraj Agrawal will be joining the startup’s board under the terms of the agreement. The company reports it has now raised $15m.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.