KIYATEC Announces Investment from Seae Ventures and Names Co-founder and Managing Partner Jason Robart to its Board of Directors
01 May, 2021
– Jaguar Gene Therapy announced a $139m Series B funding co-led by Eli Lilly and Company and Deerfield Management.
– Also participating in the round were ARCH Venture Partners, Goldman Sachs, and Nolan Capital.
– The company is advancing AXV101, a gene therapy treatment for BBS1, a subset of Bardet-Biedl syndrome (BBS). A life-threatening neurometabolic condition, BBS causes progressive vision loss, severe obesity, learning disorders and kidney disease.
– The company is leveraging a proven management team with the expertise to accelerate the development, manufacturing and commercialization of novel gene therapy treatments for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases.
– Jaguar is led by former AveXis leadership.