In 2010 was created Longwood Founders Fund, which is appeared as VC. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Boston. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight TScan Therapeutics, Colorescience, Channel Medsystems. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are E-Commerce, Life Science. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little.
The current fund was established by Christoph Westphal, Michelle Dipp, Richard Aldrich.
The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2017. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 11 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Comparing to the other companies, this Longwood Founders Fund performs on 17 percentage points more the average number of lead investments. The high activity for fund was in 2019.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the Longwood Founders Fund, startups are often financed by SV Health Investors, MPM Capital, Delphi Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are MPM Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Novartis Venture Fund. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by MPM Capital, Vertex Ventures, Cardinal Partners.
Funds with similar focus
|Animal Capital||California, Los Angeles, United States|
|Apollo Technology Partners||-|
|Beneventure Capital||Alabama, Birmingham, United States|
|Big Block Media||-|
|Breakwater Investment Management||California, Los Angeles, United States|
|California Clean Energy Fund||California, Oakland, United States|
|CRiF||Bologna, Emilia-Romagna, Italy|
|Digital Pioneers||Limburg, Maastricht, Netherlands|
|Heliocentris||Berlin, Berlin, Germany|
|Lenovo||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|Pacific Venture Group||California, Encino, United States|
|Resolute Investment Managers||Irving, Texas, United States|
|Snapdragon Capital Partners||-|
|SunGate Capital||Florida, United States, Winter Park|
|Tierra Del Oro||Florida, Naples, United States|
|$100M||14 Oct 2021||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$37M||13 Oct 2021||Massachusetts, United States|
|$152M||30 Mar 2021||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
– ImmuneID, Inc. has raised $50m in Series A financing.
– The round was led by new investor Alta Partners and included new investors Alexandria Venture Investments, Redwood Capital Investments, Section 32 and Tekla Capital Management.
– All existing investors participated in the financing, including Arch Venture Partners, Longwood Fund, Pitango HealthTech, In-Q-Tel, Xfund and others.
– Proceeds from the financing will be used to advance the development of therapeutic candidates to treat autoimmune diseases, severe allergies, cancer and infectious diseases.
– Interius BioTherapeutics, a Philadelphia, PA-based preclinical stage gene therapy company developing a paradigm-shifting platform for in vivo cell-specific gene delivery, raised $76m in Series A financing.
– The round was co-led by Cormorant Asset Management and Fairmount Funds, and joined by Bain Capital Life Sciences, Pfizer Ventures, RA Capital Management, Longwood Fund, Logos Capital, Osage University Partners and Quan Capital.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.