In 1999 was created Versant Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Menlo Park. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
The current fund was established by Barbara Lubash, Brian Atwood, Donald B. Milder, Rebecca Robertson, Samuel Colella, William Link. Besides them, we counted 13 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 5 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The average startup value when the investment from Versant Ventures is 50-100 millions dollars. The important activity for fund was in 2008. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund is generally included in 13-24 deals every year. This Versant Ventures works on 5 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Versant Ventures, startups are often financed by OrbiMed, Investor Growth Capital Limited, Frazier Healthcare Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Pequot Capital, Novartis Venture Fund, Kleiner Perkins. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Kleiner Perkins, Novartis Venture Fund, Abingworth.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Audentes Therapeutics, Pharmion, Kythera Biopharmaceuticals. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Medical Device, Life Science.
Funds with similar focus
|$107M||15 Nov 2022||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$30M||10 Aug 2022||Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland|
|$15M||27 Apr 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$50M||13 Apr 2022||Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland|
|$140M||09 Feb 2022||Massachusetts, United States|
|$35M||01 Jan 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$28M||02 Dec 2021||South San Francisco, California, United States|
|$40M||30 Nov 2021||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|$27M||19 Nov 2021||Corona Del Mar, California, United States|
– 858 Therapeutics has raised $60m in Series A financing.
– The round was led by founding investor Versant Ventures, with participation from NEA, Cormorant Asset Management and Logos Capital.
– 858 is a biotechnology company developing novel therapeutics for the treatment of cancer.
– The company’s lead program is a novel small molecule inhibitor of the PI3K/mTOR pathway that is being developed for the treatment of solid tumors that are resistant to existing therapies.
– The Series A proceeds will allow 858 to enter the clinic with its lead candidates that have potential to treat cancers that are resistant to current therapies.
– iECURE (pronounced EE-ah-cure), a mutation-agnostic in vivo gene editing company striving to cure devastating diseases with high unmet need, announced it has closed a $50m Series A financing led by Versant Ventures and OrbiMed Advisors.
– The funds will be used to advance iECURE’s pipeline of up to 13 programs, all of which benefit from gene editing and in vivo delivery approaches being developed in the laboratory of James Wilson, M.D., Ph.D., of the University of Pennsylvania Gene Therapy Program (GTP).
– iECURE’s approach focuses on the mutation-agnostic in vivo insertion of healthy copies of disease-causing genes, with an initial focus in liver disorders.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.