RA Capital Management appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2001. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Boston. The venture was found in North America in United States.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 participants. Despite the RA Capital Management, startups are often financed by OrbiMed, F-Prime Capital, Flybridge Capital Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Wellington Management, Longitude Capital, Deerfield. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by OrbiMed, Cormorant Asset Management, Polaris Partners.
Opposing the other organizations, this RA Capital Management works on 23 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. The real fund results show that this VC is 4 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The average startup value when the investment from RA Capital Management is more than 1 billion dollars. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2015. The important activity for fund was in 2015. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline AveXis, Moderna Therapeutics, Intarcia Therapeutics Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Health Care, Health Diagnostics.
This organization was formed by Richard Aldrich. We also calculated 4 valuable employees in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|$108M||01 Sep 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$55M||31 Aug 2021||United States, San Diego|
|$50M||18 Aug 2021||United States, Boston|
|$157M||11 Aug 2021||United States, Seattle|
|$45M||10 Aug 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|$112M||05 Aug 2021||United Kingdom, Oxford|
|$110M||02 Aug 2021||Germany, Berlin|
|26 Jul 2021||United States, Lynchburg|
|$55M||22 Jul 2021||Denmark, Copenhagen|
– Obsidian Therapeutics, Inc. is a Cambridge, Mass.-based biotechnology company pioneering engineered cell and gene therapies.
– The company closed a $115m Series B financing.
– The round was led by The Column Group Crossover Fund (TCGX) with participation from RA Capital Management, Surveyor Capital (a Citadel company), Cowen Healthcare Investments, Deep Track Capital, Logos Capital, Pivotal BioVenture Partners, Samsara BioCapital, and Soleus Capital, and existing investors Atlas Venture, Vertex Ventures HC, Amgen Ventures, and Bristol Myers Squibb.
– Proceeds from the financing will be used to drive Obsidian’s lead tumor infiltrating lymphocyte (TIL) program, cytoTIL15, into the clinic and to first clinical data for the treatment of metastatic melanoma. In addition, the company plans to rapidly expand cytoTIL15 into multiple other solid tumor types and to advance its commercial manufacturing build.
– HilleVax, Inc. (HilleVax), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel vaccine candidates, announced the close of a $135 million crossover financing led by Frazier Healthcare Partners and joined by RA Capital Management, Deerfield Management Company, Abingworth, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Perceptive Advisors, Catalys Pacific, Samsara BioCapital, BVF Partners, Qiming Venture Partners USA, Greenspring Associates, Richard King Mellon Foundation, and Sahsen Ventures.
– The proceeds of this financing support the further clinical development of HilleVax’s virus-like particle (VLP) based vaccine candidate, HIL-214, for the prevention of moderate-to-severe acute gastroenteritis caused by norovirus infection.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.