Guidewheel Raises $8M in Series A Funding
26 Jul, 2021
– Orbit Discovery has raised $7.6m in funding.
– The financing was led by Oxford Sciences Innovation with participation from Borealis Ventures, Perivoli Innovations, and other institutional and individual investors, including Kapil Dev Joory.
– Proceeds from the financing will be used to accelerate Orbit’s growth trajectory as a leading provider of peptide discovery services to the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry.
– Orbit’s novel bead-based and microfluidic technology platform enables the screening of peptide libraries for target binding and subsequent activity in cell-based functional assays.
– This makes the platform ideal for identifying active peptides against both soluble proteins and membrane bound targets such as GPCRs.
– Until now, researchers have struggled to unite high throughput affinity screens with functional screens utilising peptide libraries of very high chemical diversity.