Cowen Healthcare Investments seemed to be an CVC arrangement as part of the organization.
The overall number of key employees were 2.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Orchard Therapeutics, Repare Therapeutics, KSQ Therapeutics. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Genetics, Therapeutics. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 8-9 partakers. Despite the Cowen Healthcare Investments, startups are often financed by Versant Ventures, F-Prime Capital, Slater Technology Fund. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are OrbiMed, Versant Ventures, RA Capital Management. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Innovate UK, Duchenne UK.
The top amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars. The average startup value when the investment from Cowen Healthcare Investments is 50-100 millions dollars. The important activity for fund was in 2018. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. The real fund results show that this VC is 2 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. Comparing to the other companies, this Cowen Healthcare Investments performs on 7 percentage points less the average number of lead investments.
Funds with similar focus
|Anchor Group||Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland|
|BKCM||New York, New York, United States|
|Convoy Global Holdings||China, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island|
|Drexel Hamilton, LLC||-|
|Israel Biotech Fund||Center District, Israel, Rishon Lezion|
|Nesnah Ventures LLC||La Crosse, United States, Wisconsin|
|Poplar Ventures||Kentucky, Louisville, United States|
|Prelude Trust||England, London, United Kingdom|
|Rockefeller Foundation||New York, New York, United States|
|$70M||09 Sep 2021||San Diego, California, United States|
|$95M||21 May 2021||Lower Merion Township, Pennsylvania, United States|
|$105M||27 Apr 2021||California, United States|
|$94M||18 Feb 2021||Oxford, England, United Kingdom|
Personal Genome Diagnostics
|$103M||10 Feb 2021||Baltimore, Maryland, United States|
|$100M||12 Jan 2021||Baltimore, Maryland, United States|
|$120M||05 Jan 2021||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$80M||16 Dec 2020||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$110M||19 Oct 2020||Basel, Basel-City, Switzerland|
– Obsidian Therapeutics, Inc. is a Cambridge, Mass.-based biotechnology company pioneering engineered cell and gene therapies.
– The company closed a $115m Series B financing.
– The round was led by The Column Group Crossover Fund (TCGX) with participation from RA Capital Management, Surveyor Capital (a Citadel company), Cowen Healthcare Investments, Deep Track Capital, Logos Capital, Pivotal BioVenture Partners, Samsara BioCapital, and Soleus Capital, and existing investors Atlas Venture, Vertex Ventures HC, Amgen Ventures, and Bristol Myers Squibb.
– Proceeds from the financing will be used to drive Obsidian’s lead tumor infiltrating lymphocyte (TIL) program, cytoTIL15, into the clinic and to first clinical data for the treatment of metastatic melanoma. In addition, the company plans to rapidly expand cytoTIL15 into multiple other solid tumor types and to advance its commercial manufacturing build.
– Arch Oncology, a clinical-stage immuno-oncology company, has closed a $105m Series C financing co-led by Eventide Asset Management, Cowen Healthcare Investments and current investor 3×5 Partners.
– New investors in the round included Adage Capital Management, Point72 Asset Management, Avego Healthcare Capital, FMB Research and Broadfin Holdings.
– The company’s existing investors, including Roche Venture Fund, RiverVest Venture Partners, and Lightchain also participated in the round.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.