FLOODGATE appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2006. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Palo Alto. The company was established in North America in United States.
The current fund was established by Ann Miura-Ko, Mike Maples. Besides them, we counted 5 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 2 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The fund is constantly included in 13-24 investment rounds annually. This FLOODGATE works on 7 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The high activity for fund was in 2013. The typical startup value when the investment from FLOODGATE is 100-500 millions dollars. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Lyft, Okta, Clover Health. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Education, Software.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the FLOODGATE, startups are often financed by Version One Ventures, Founder Collective, Cherry Tree Investments. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Shasta Ventures, Lead Edge Capital, Uncork Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Shasta Ventures, GV, 500 Startups.
|5M||06 Apr 2021||United States, Los Altos Hills|
|9M||24 Aug 2020||United States, San Francisco|
|2M||07 Jul 2020||United States, Santa Ana|
|5M||01 Jul 2020||United States, San Francisco|
|6M||17 Jun 2020||United States, Berkeley|
|5M||20 May 2020||United States, Los Angeles|
|12M||30 Apr 2020||United States, Austin|
|36M||28 Apr 2020||United States, San Francisco|
|5M||18 Mar 2020||United States, Redwood City|
– Almanac announced the close of a $34m Series A financing round led by Tiger Global. – The round was joined by Floodgate Fund, General Catalyst, and 50 leading technology operators, including Joshua Reeves, Ryan Caldbeck, Alex MacCaw, Zack Kanter, Jack Altman, Leore Avidar, and Dennis Crowley. – Demand for Almanac’s operating system for remote work skyrocketed this year as COVID-19 forced rapid, widespread adoption of tools designed for remote and distributed teams. – The investment will enable Alma... Read more
– IRL (In Real Life), the leading group messaging social network that brings people together through events and shared experiences, announced a $170M Series C Round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2 with participation from new investor Dragoneer, and returning investors Goodwater Capital, Founders Fund, Floodgate and Owl Capital. The oversubscribed round brings IRL’s total funding to more than $200M to-date and cements the company’s unicorn status with a $1.17B valuation. – In addition to the company’s funding, IRL announ... Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.