This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, Menlo Park
MS&AD Ventures was established in 2018, and is a well known VC. The the headquarters of this VC is in Menlo Park. This investor is located in North America, United States.
In real terms, this VC performs 7 percentage points more exits than other funds. Typical investments for this fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. In 2019, the fund's activity was at its peak. When MS&AD Ventures invests, the average start-up valuation is 10-50 millions dollars. The fund typically enters into 2-6 deals annually.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 other investors. Aside from MS&AD Ventures, start-ups are often funded by Avalon Ventures, signals Venture Capital, Vulcan Capital and 16 other funds. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are 8VC, Western Technology Investment, FinTLV Ventures, the total number of co-investors is 1. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by Nationwide Insurance, 8VC.
The fund has a preferred number of founders for start-ups that it invests in. If the applying start-up has 4 or 5+ founders, it is very unlikely that funding will be awarded. The average start-up age at the time of investment by this fund is 2-3. Among their most successful investment fields, we have identified SaaS, Software. Also, because of its portfolio diversification tendency, we can highlight 9 more industries for this fund. The country of its foundation and the country of the most frequent investments for the fund coincides - United States. In addition to this location, the fund participated in 3 other locations. Skopenow, Clearedin, Socotra are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund.
This VC was founded by Jon Soberg. The overall number of key employees in the fund's team is 4.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
5.6% of cases
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.7 out of 1
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.