In 2004 was created Shasta Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Menlo Park. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
This organization was formed by Ravi Mohan, Rob Coneybeer. The overall number of key employees were 9.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Shasta Ventures, startups are often financed by Redpoint, FLOODGATE, Tenaya Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Salesforce Ventures, Opus Capital, Mayfield Fund. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by U.S. Venture Partners (USVP), Trident Capital, Meritech Capital Partners.
Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Apptio, Nextdoor, Zuora Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are SaaS, Marketing. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little.
Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. This Shasta Ventures works on 11 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The real fund results show that this VC is 14 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The high activity for fund was in 2014. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2017. The fund is generally included in 13-24 deals every year. When the investment is from Shasta Ventures the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars.
Funds with similar focus
|$30M||08 Sep 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|$20M||26 Aug 2021||California San Francisco United States|
|24 Jun 2021||United States, Sunnyvale|
|$60M||22 Jun 2021||United States, Palo Alto|
|$20M||15 Jun 2021||California Palo Alto United States|
The Pill Club
|$41M||14 Jun 2021||California Redwood City United States|
|$1M||04 May 2021||Nelson New Zealand|
|$2M||19 Apr 2021||United States, Ontario|
|$60M||23 Mar 2021||California San Francisco United States|
– Cloudsmith has raised $15m in a series A funding round led by Tiger Global, with participation from Shasta, Amaranthine, Sorenson, Leadout Capital, Frontline, MMC, and Techstart.
– The infusion brings the company’s total raised to over $17m.
– Cloudsmith’s platform aims to solve this by helping organizations distribute software without the need for local datacenters and the costs associated with them.
– Cloudsmith can also automatically scan for security vulnerabilities, helping businesses avoid introducing exploits into their software supply chains.
– TrueFort announced a $30m Series B round of financing led by Shasta Ventures with the participation of Canaan and existing investors Evolution Equity Partners, Lytical Ventures and Emerald Development Managers.
– As part of the financing round, Nitin Chopra, Managing Director at Shasta Ventures, is joining the company’s board of directors.
– The financing will support hiring across the company, expanded go-to-market activities and multiple R&D initiatives, including offerings that help enterprises better manage their application risk posture.
– Traditional security products have focused on protecting underlying IT infrastructure from threats but the success of attackers in executing ransomware, supply chain and phishing attacks show that there are still significant gaps in security coverage.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.