In 2010 was created 500 Startups, which is appeared as VC. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Mountain View. The company was established in North America in United States.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the 500 Startups, startups are often financed by Social Capital, Golden Gate Ventures, GV. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Valor Capital Group, Silicon Badia, Sand Hill Angels. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Wayra, Techstars, Social Starts.
The fund was created by Christine Tsai, Dave McClure. Besides them, we counted 44 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The top activity for fund was in 2019. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 9 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The average startup value when the investment from 500 Startups is 10-50 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in more than 49 deals per year. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. Opposing the other organizations, this 500 Startups works on 20 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight GrabTaxi, Credit Karma, SendGrid. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Apps, Internet. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund.
|8M||25 Jan 2021||Canada, Old Toronto|
|35M||05 Jan 2021||Indonesia, Jakarta|
|16 Dec 2020||United States, New York|
|08 Dec 2020||India, Mumbai|
|4M||30 Nov 2020||United States, New York|
|18 Nov 2020||India, Bengaluru|
|16 Nov 2020||United States, " United States"}|
|600K||15 Nov 2020||Jordan, Amman|
|05 Nov 2020||United States, Oakland|
– Travel startup Headout raised $12m in funding. – The round was led by Glade Brook Capital and included participation from returning investors Version One Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners, FJ Labs, 500 Startups, Haystack and Ludlow Ventures, and new investors Espresso Capital and Practical VC. – The company plans to expand into 300 cities, product development and its product, business, marketing and operations teams. – It plans to hire more than 150 employees around the world and is also looking for oppor... Read more
– Flat.mx, a real estate marketplace, raised $20m in Series A funding. – The round was led by Anthemis and 500 Startups, and joined by ALLVP and Expa. – Other investors include Opendoor CEO and co-founder Eric Wu, Flyhomes’ co-founder and CEO Tushar Garg, and Divvy Homes’ co-founder Brian Ma. – The company plans to use the funding to expand its operations in Mexico and Latin America. Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.