In 2015 was created First Ascent Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Toronto. The venture was found in North America in Canada.
Considering the real fund results, this VC is 24 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The important activity for fund was in 2018. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 deals per year. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars.
Besides them, we counted 2 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the First Ascent Ventures, startups are often financed by Summerhill Venture Partners, Plaza Ventures, Mistral Venture Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Information Venture Partners, Volition Capital, Royal Bank of Canada. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Information Venture Partners, Espresso Capital, Warburg Pincus.
The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Business Intelligence, SaaS. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Canada. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Assent Compliance, Sensibill, ScribbleLive.
Funds with similar focus
|BizTech||China, Guangdong, Shenzhen|
|BPO Capital||Germany, Hamburg|
|Fleet Entertainment Group||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|GR ASSET||China, Shanghai|
|Haystack||California, San Francisco, United States|
|Informatica||California, Redwood City, United States|
|Kaspersky Lab||Moscow, Moscow, Russia|
|La Roquette||Comunidad Valenciana, Spain, Valencian Community|
|Mount Parker Ventures||China, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island|
|MRM Capital||Cincinnati, Ohio, United States|
|Naples Technology Ventures||Florida, Naples, United States|
|Natixis Investissement Partners||France, Ile-de-France, Paris|
|Oudeli Guquan Touzi||China, Shanghai|
|Raymond James Bank||Florida, St. Petersburg, United States|
|Samuel & Margarita Kingsland Family Trust||-|
|Viking Maccabee Ventures||-|
|$38M||08 Dec 2022||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|$4M||19 Sep 2022||Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada|
|$27M||21 Jun 2022||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|$100M||04 Apr 2022||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$70M||04 Nov 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$40M||14 Jul 2021||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$34M||29 Jul 2020||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
ThinkData Works Inc.
|$6M||25 Jun 2020||Old Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|$14M||26 Feb 2020||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
– LinkSquares, provider of the fastest and most comprehensive AI-powered contract lifecycle management and analysis tool, announced it has raised $40m in Series B financing led by Sorenson Capital.
– New investors Catalyst Investors, Xerox, Bottomline Technologies, DraftKings’ founders and key legal and compliance executives, as well as existing investors Hyperplane Venture Capital, MassMutual Ventures, First Ascent Ventures participated in the round.
– Sorenson Capital Partner Brady Broadbent and Bottomline Technologies General Counsel Danielle Sheer are new appointments to the LinkSquares Board of Directors.
– The company has raised $61.4m to date, and will use the financing to expand its team, advance the LinkSquares technology and develop new strategic business partnerships.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.