In 1975 was created BDC Venture Capital, which is appeared as VC. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Montru00e9al. The venture was found in North America in Canada.
The fund was created by David Carman. The overall number of key employees were 19.
When the investment is from BDC Venture Capital the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars. Comparing to the other companies, this BDC Venture Capital performs on 10 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2016. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 3 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The fund is constantly included in 13-24 deals per year. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2009.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the BDC Venture Capital, startups are often financed by HIGHLINEvc, MaRS Investment Accelerator Fund, Export Development Canada. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are iNovia Capital, Fonds de solidaritu00e9 FTQ, Desjardins Venture Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Ventures West, iNovia Capital, OMERS Ventures.
Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are E-Commerce, SaaS. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - Canada. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Celator Pharmaceuticals, Clementia Pharmaceuticals, GridPoint. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager.
|$1M||11 Jan 2023||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Resolute Health Corporation Limited
|22 Dec 2022||Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|$42M||07 Dec 2022||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|$8M||22 Nov 2022||Kitchener, Ontario, Canada|
|$8M||17 Nov 2022||Old Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|$100M||09 Nov 2022||Old Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|$1M||01 Sep 2022||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|$17M||19 Jul 2022||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|$27M||21 Jun 2022||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
– SkyWatch is a space technology startup based in Waterloo, Canada.
– The company raised $17.2M in Series B funding.
– The round was led by Drive Capital with participation from existing investors Bullpen Capital, Space Capital, Golden Ventures, and BDC Ventures.
– The new investment will be used to expand operations, growth and business reach.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.