Brightspark Ventures appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2000. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Montru00e9al. The company was established in North America in Canada.
The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Canada. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Enterprise Software, E-Commerce. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Hubba, gShift, AOMS Technologies Inc..
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Brightspark Ventures, startups are often financed by Mantella Venture Partners, Flagship Pioneering, BDC Venture Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Investissement Quebec, Flagship Pioneering, OMERS Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by OMERS Ventures, Investissement Quebec, Groupe Roski.
Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 0 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. This Brightspark Ventures works on 6 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The typical startup value when the investment from Brightspark Ventures is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The fund is generally included in less than 2 deals every year. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2009. The top activity for fund was in 2017. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity.
This organization was formed by Mark Skapinker, Sophie Forest, Tony Davis. The overall number of key employees were 8.
|3M||26 Mar 2021||Canada, Sherbrooke|
|15M||09 Dec 2020||Canada, Montreal|
|5M||14 Jul 2020||Canada, Montreal|
|1M||18 Jun 2020||Canada, Montreal|
|1M||10 Feb 2020||Canada, Old Toronto|
|9M||16 Aug 2019||Canada, Old Toronto|
|9M||24 Jun 2019||Canada, Kitchener|
|1M||25 Apr 2019||Canada, Montreal|
|100M||03 Oct 2018||Canada, Montreal|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.