In 2016 was created Portag3 Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the Toronto. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in Canada.
The fund was created by Adam Felesky. The overall number of key employees were 10.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the Portag3 Ventures, startups are often financed by White Star Capital, Power Financial Corporation, F-Prime Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are White Star Capital, Plug and Play, QED Investors. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by White Star Capital, QED Investors, Plug and Play.
For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - Canada. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Drop, Borrowell, Albert. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as InsurTech, Insurance. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund.
Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 17 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Comparing to the other companies, this Portag3 Ventures performs on 19 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The average startup value when the investment from Portag3 Ventures is 50-100 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. The top activity for fund was in 2018. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019.
|40M||17 Jun 2019||Canada, Montreal|
|29 Oct 2019||Canada, Old Toronto|
|100M||26 Jan 2021||Sweden, Gothenburg|
|15M||17 Jun 2019||Canada, Old Toronto|
|9M||21 Jul 2017||Canada, Old Toronto|
|30M||12 Sep 2018||Canada, Old Toronto|
|4M||21 Apr 2021||Canada, Old Toronto|
|33M||15 May 2019||Canada, Old Toronto|
|3M||01 Aug 2017||United States, Chicago|
|34M||29 Jul 2020||Canada, Montreal|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.