In 2016 was created Portag3 Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the Toronto. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in Canada.
The fund was created by Adam Felesky. The overall number of key employees were 10.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the Portag3 Ventures, startups are often financed by White Star Capital, Power Financial Corporation, F-Prime Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are White Star Capital, Plug and Play, QED Investors. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by White Star Capital, QED Investors, Plug and Play.
For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - Canada. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Drop, Borrowell, Albert. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as InsurTech, Insurance. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund.
Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 17 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Comparing to the other companies, this Portag3 Ventures performs on 19 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The average startup value when the investment from Portag3 Ventures is 50-100 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. The top activity for fund was in 2018. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019.
Funds with similar focus
|101 Startups||Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain|
|Chuanjiang Investment||Chengdu, China, Sichuan|
|DuPont Capital Management||Delaware, United States, Wilmington|
|Eindhoven Venture Capital Fund II||-|
|Hainan Tianya Financial Services||China, Hainan, Hainan Province|
|Jiuyou Fund||China, Shanghai|
|Mingde Zhiyuan Touzi||China, Guangdong, Tianjin|
|Neusoft Group||China, Liaoning, Shenyang|
|Otsuka Pharmaceutical||Chiyoda, Japan|
|RevRoad||Provo, United States, Utah|
|Rigel Asset Holdings||Austin, Texas, United States|
|Teknoloji Yatirim||Ankara, Ankara, Turkey|
|Tudor Growth Equity||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Vitamix Corporation||Cleveland, Ohio, United States|
|$10M||02 Jun 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$15M||01 Jun 2022||Berlin, Berlin, Germany|
|$8M||11 May 2022||Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel|
|$15M||10 May 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$50M||25 Apr 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$50M||14 Mar 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$10M||08 Mar 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$40M||03 Mar 2022||Sandy, Utah, United States|
|$25M||08 Feb 2022||New York, New York, United States|
– Rose Technology from NYC develops a platform for companies to collect, analyze, and generate revenue from data.
– Series A $5.5m round was led by Portage Ventures with participation from BoxGroup and Sound Ventures.
– The company will use the funds to expand operations and business reach.
– Sanlo, a San Francisco, CA-based company that empowers gaming and app companies with financial products to run their businesses, raised $3.5m in funding.
– The round was co-led by Index Ventures and Initial Capital, with participation from LVP, Portag3 Ventures and XYZ Venture Capital, and angel investors such as Kristian Segestrale, as well as fintech, such as Gokul Rajaram and Charley Ma.
– As part of the round, Initial Capital Co-founder and Partner Ken Lamb became a board director while Index Partner Mark Goldberg and XYZ Managing Partner Ross Fubini joined as board observers.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.